+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get OHIP card after virtual landing

hankgong

Jan 1, 2007
So after DM2, my parents' immigration process became very fast. On Wednesday, one immigration agent called us to ask if my parents are in Canada now. I said Yes and then she said she'll land my parents right now.

Today, I received a COPR letter and it has the instruction of PR card photo size.

However, there is nothing mentioned about how to apply for OHIP card. As I heard there is no 3 month waiting period now for new immigrants. I'm wondering how I can get it now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So after DM2, my parents' immigration process became very fast. On Wednesday, one immigration agent called us to ask if my parents are in Canada now. I said Yes and then she said she'll land my parents right now.

Today, I received a COPR letter and it has the instruction of PR card photo size.

However, there is nothing mentioned about how to apply for OHIP card. As I heard there is no 3 month waiting period now for new immigrants. I'm wondering how I can get it now.
Bring in the email to the service Ontario office.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Check the required documents on this page https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-needed-get-health-card

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Make sure the COPR letter is printed out. They won't accept it if you just show it to them on your phone.

Probably obvious, but your parents must be at Service Ontario (with or without you). They will need to sign a card for the signatures on their OHIP cards, and have their photo taken there by the agent.