+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get my spouse and kid to Canada

jabilee

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me understand the situation right now for my spouse and kid, who were initially granted for permanent residence but due to some family emergency circumstances they weren't able to land and the visa got expired, but I have done my landing and got my permanent residency.

Now what is the process to get them to Canada, will it be family sponsorship again or can I get them first on visiting visa and then can process the permanent residency application again.

Please guide me here.

Thanking you all.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me understand the situation right now for my spouse and kid, who were initially granted for permanent residence but due to some family emergency circumstances they weren't able to land and the visa got expired, but I have done my landing and got my permanent residency.

Now what is the process to get them to Canada, will it be family sponsorship again or can I get them first on visiting visa and then can process the permanent residency application again.

Please guide me here.

Thanking you all.
Hi

You need to sponsor your family. As a PR, you are required to be in Canada throughout the sponsorship process. They can apply for TRVs but chances of approval are low.

jabilee

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
okay... thanks much for the inputs and will apply sponsorship for them and will try to get TRV if possible while sponsorship is in process.