+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO GET MY FEES REFUNDED?

MIDHUN3253

Mar 23, 2017
Hi,

I have decided not to apply for my visa processing due to financial problems but, i had already paid my first sem college fees to fanshawe college and now i want it refunded.
But my agency says it can't be refunded unless my visa has been rejected.i don't know what to do?
please help me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Contact the school directly and ask about their refund policies. Some schools only refund if your study permit is refused.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
your agency is wrong. Did you look it up at the college website?? https://www.fanshawec.ca/paying-college/tuition-fees/withdrawal-and-refund-fees-information

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MIDHUN3253 said:
Hi,

I have decided not to apply for my visa processing due to financial problems but, i had already paid my first sem college fees to fanshawe college and now i want it refunded.
But my agency says it can't be refunded unless my visa has been rejected.i don't know what to do?
please help me.
1. As others have stated, you should be contacting Fanshawe Here is what they say on their international web site.

Reason for Withdrawal

Visa Denial: Students must submit a copy of their visa denial letter to the International Centre, along with a completed International Student Withdrawal Form within 10 business days of the beginning of the semester.

Visa Denial Refunds are subject to a minimum $250 administrative fee.

All other requests for refunds: Refunds are now subject to a $2300.00 administrative fee and will be dealt with on a case to case basis. If students are transferring to another institution then the student must submit a copy of their letter of admission from an approved institution along with a completed International Student Withdrawal Form within 10 business days of the beginning of the semester. The letter of admission must be for the same semester for which the student has paid tuition. A copy of the passport and valid study permit will also be required.

*Please note that students who choose not to apply for a visa from the Canadian Embassy after receiving a letter of admission may be required to provide proof that no active application is on file with the Canadian Embassy.

https://www.fanshawec.ca/international/student-services/international-student-withdrawal-and-refund-process

Vishnurocks

Dec 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
ielts 6 bands
Interview........
no
VISA ISSUED...
2 times refused
helllo dear

if you withdrawal your offer , Fenshew college will cut huge amount of money from your funds.
or if you got rejection then they will cut processing charges 100$ - 200$

now you have to decide, what to do

tobih 001

Apr 1, 2019
dear poster were you granted admission? if not have you been able to get a refund for your money? i am also an applicant and after been denied visa Fanshawe college have refused to refund me of my 7000 CAD and they are not also forthcoming in helping with another admission, they have insisted i must use an agent even when the agent they use are such shady ones, whose only joy is to milk you of your money and not do the necessary things, Fanshawe college is a scam and only interested in taking Money from prospective students who wish to further their studies in Canada, fanshawe college should be avoided by any international student who wants to study in Canada, they connive with their agents, if you decide to go ahead and choose Fanshawe college i advise you get yourself a good lawyer first who can help you fight back to get your money back, because they wont refund and they neither will offer you another admission except you go through their agent again which i find very absurd if their college was really a standard one

tobih 001

Apr 1, 2019
Fanshawe college is a Scam, they dont refund and will come up with various excuses .....Avoid them and their Agents

Mahm1984

May 12, 2019
Fanshow college refused to refund me more than 8000 Canadian dollar. I suggest you guys to make claim in the court together.. what do you think ?