+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get job offer from BC, for the tech pilot program, BC PNP?

@Mukunda

Dec 1, 2020
Hi All,

The tech pilot program will only entertain Visa aspirants with a job offer only. I have tried few job portals, but no response. Since this BCPNP tech pilot is offered for limited period, I need to get a job offer for Salesforce Development/Administrator. I have Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience in Salesforce and force.com platform. I see a lot of job offerings for the same at BC, but when I apply, I don't get any response. So please help me understand:

1. How to apply for jobs at BC?
2. Which is the best portal for overseas job seekers?
3. Should I add any disclaimer/ what should I do for employers to see my application at-least and provide me a chance to show/prove my skillset?

Without a job offer this tech pilot I cannot go further. Any suggestions? Any leads for this kind of requirement? Please do let me know.

Awaiting quick response!!

Thanks,
Mukunda

Reactions: NH27

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi All,

The tech pilot program will only entertain Visa aspirants with a job offer only. I have tried few job portals, but no response. Since this BCPNP tech pilot is offered for limited period, I need to get a job offer for Salesforce Development/Administrator. I have Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience in Salesforce and force.com platform. I see a lot of job offerings for the same at BC, but when I apply, I don't get any response. So please help me understand:

3. Should I add any disclaimer/ what should I do for employers to see my application at-least and provide me a chance to show/prove my skillset?

Without a job offer this tech pilot I cannot go further. Any suggestions? Any leads for this kind of requirement? Please do let me know.

Thanks,
Mukunda
You should assume that it is highly impossible to find a job if you are applying from outside Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Wha is your NOC? As said it is difficult to get a job offer as the BC employer still has to show they could find anyone local (Canadian or PR). Is salesforce experience highly specialized or niche? You can apply but don’t expect responses. Adding a disclaimer will not help. BC employers know about the program so if they need to hire outside of Canada they will respond.

Reactions: @Mukunda

@Mukunda

Dec 1, 2020
Wha is your NOC? As said it is difficult to get a job offer as the BC employer still has to show they could find anyone local (Canadian or PR). Is salesforce experience highly specialized or niche? You can apply but don’t expect responses. Adding a disclaimer will not help. BC employers know about the program so if they need to hire outside of Canada they will respond.
Thanks for your response. Is there a way I can get their attention? Or what should I do at this point in time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Skill Level A, software Engineer or designer
Means nothing. What is your NOC is it on the list. There is no way to get their attention without work authorization or having such a specialized skill set that local workers don't have. Don't apply to positions in the Vancouver area. Look at positions in remote/Northern BC where people may not want to move to.

Reactions: @Mukunda

@Mukunda

Dec 1, 2020
Means nothing. What is your NOC is it on the list. There is no way to get their attention without work authorization or having such a specialized skill set that local workers don't have. Don't apply to positions in the Vancouver area. Look at positions in remote/Northern BC where people may not want to move to.
2173 This is the code!

:) Thanks for the heads up, then I will try my luck here, as nothing is in our hands...

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
2173 This is the code!

:) Thanks for the heads up, then I will try my luck here, as nothing is in our hands...
LinkedIn and Indeed are your friends, also if you have any friends already in BC see if there are any internal opportunities. TBH it is easy to find candidates with NOC 2173 skills in BC/Ontario. Employers 1st preference would be candidates inside Canada (competition is already fierce), unless you possess an excellent skillset. Reason you are not getting any response is because there are already candidates in Canada with same skillset as yours or more, try to increase your skillset and try your luck.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi All,

Thanks,
Mukunda
Are you in Canada or BC already? Do you have a permit that authorizes you to work for any employer?

If not... well then its hard to get you in. There is a LMIA process that is a major posterior pain for almost all the employers. To even get you in means they will need to first exhaust a sufficient number of candidates from Canada till they reach a state where they can legally file a LMIA and look at folks who do not have a work permit yet and they can sponsor their work permit. Then processing work permit takes aeons as IRCC has a fat posterior and they refuse to do even basic exercise to trim it down. So getting ANY person in without a work permit is slow as a snail process. Meanwhile, it is likely they can get a person locally.

So what do you do then? Give up on your BC (I like the name BC, it sounds so cool!) dream? No sireee! Being the crafty crafty immigrants that we are, we first get a job in a company that has offices both in BC and in our home country. Entice our bosses and their bosses to okay a ICT after couple of years in job while we learn all the specialized and proprietary knowledge. Get a ICT Work Permit (LMIA free B*&@T#*)! Then come to BC, hopefully NOT in Abbotsford (Affotsford is totally uncool and no one in the 150+ years of history of Canada has written or pronounced it correctly!) and apply for BC PNP Tech Pilot with the job in hand (with more than a year of contract left). Sit back and enjoy the EE process. Another successful immigrants integrated in BC! All Hail BC!

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
He is NOC 2173 alright! Software engineer and/or designer.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Right & is not in Canada so getting a job offer is difficul.
Exactly. He needs to come with his own WP in the country. Only practical option I know is an ICT WP. That though takes sometime to become legit.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Getting a LMIA is probably difficult with the 2,000,000 people unemployed right now in the country . Guess they’d get first dibs on jobs if they are qualified , crazy as that may sound to foreigners applying

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Getting a LMIA is probably difficult with the 2,000,000 people unemployed right now in the country . Guess they’d get first dibs on jobs if they are qualified , crazy as that may sound to foreigners applying
Umm... in certain fields there is really shortage of folks but then, if the guy was from those fields he wont be asking this, right?