http://shrutispointofview.blogspot.ca/2013/07/how-to-find-job-in-canada.html

sana123

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s.gupta1487 said:
Hey Guys, read this article:
"You will get the job in like 1-2 months." well I don't think you can generalize this like that, having masters here im still struggling to get a job (PT/FT) in my field. Its highly depends on the field you are choosing..

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
s.gupta1487 said:
Hey Guys, read this article:

http://shrutispointofview.blogspot.ca/2013/07/how-to-find-job-in-canada.html
alberta and saskatchewan do not suit all fields...

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
sana123 said:
"You will get the job in like 1-2 months." well I don't think you can generalize this like that, having masters here im still struggling to get a job (PT/FT) in my field. Its highly depends on the field you are choosing..
Absolutely correct. Many people here simply spread misinformation. Don't listen to them but listen to only your close friends, family members and relatives you can trust or people like me here who are telling the truth.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
It is possible to get a job in 1-2 months for people with good linguistic skills, but it will most probably be very far from the applicant's field. I got a job 3 weeks after my first landing here and my second job 12 hours after my second landing (I was away for 1 month), but both jobs being call centre jobs. However, given the ubiquitous unemployment, I am grateful to have any job.

Also, why Alberta and Sasketchewan are positioned as the richest provinces in the article? In terms of GDP, the richest are Ontario and Quebec. If the author meant higher wage rates in Alberta and Sasketchewan, the marginal increase in the wage will be almost offset by higher expenses. My friend lives in Edmonton and pays 1500 CAD for a tiny studio, while I am paying 490 in Montreal.

sana123 said:

Ischaan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
NAVI MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th August 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
8th July
Med's Done....
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
27th August
LANDED..........
31st August
even I find it little bit unconvincing dat one can get da job in 1-2 mnths....though it was her xperience she shared. I actually wanted to knw hw freshers can find jobs in canada......as wat I hv seen thru the job websites dey only want xperienced persons.......hw can one find dat?

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ischaan said:
even I find it little bit unconvincing dat one can get da job in 1-2 mnths....though it was her xperience she shared. I actually wanted to knw hw freshers can find jobs in canada......as wat I hv seen thru the job websites dey only want xperienced persons.......hw can one find dat?
Very true. It is very much case specific.
I have engineering degree, a PhD too. Back in my country I work as a scientist for the government. Yet I wish to immigrate to Canada and start fresh. I must tell you that it is not that easy. I have to consider so many things before I could really immigrate to Canada. The foremost factor in my case is securing a job in Canada. I am married, which means if I remain unemployed in excess of 3 months I will definitely be panicking.

I am awaiting my PPR, and hopefully I can land in another 2-3 months. I am planing to do the landing just myself (without wife) while taking a break from my current job (in India). I could spend this time in search of a job. I just want to share my feelings now - I am losing my sleep these days. Lot of "what if" type of questions spring into mind and it is not easy. My plan is to take some odd job like 'store clerk' or 'customer care' while I will aggressively look for a full time job meanwhile.

I have been told by a good friend of mine who is working for an energy company in Calgary- if I am persuasive in my job hunt 1-2 months should be good enough. I still lose my sleep no matter how assuring his words are. Getting a job is like- you being there at the right time and at the right place! Most likely I will take the risk and immigrate, and leave it to the lord. I can only hope and I can only work hard :)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Ischaan said:
I have a friend from the forum. Her husband (who is from Asia) got a job in his field, well paying, on his very first interview in Calgary.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
I have a friend from the forum. Her husband (who is from Asia) got a job in his field, well paying, on his very first interview in Calgary.
Do you know any reliable engineering recruiter based in Calgary? I would like to personally call them while I prepare my immigration.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
frotenacs said:
Do you know any reliable engineering recruiter based in Calgary? I would like to personally call them while I prepare my immigration.
No, I'm not in the engineering field.

Ischaan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
NAVI MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th August 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
8th July
Med's Done....
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
27th August
LANDED..........
31st August
frotenacs said:
Very true. It is very much case specific.
I have engineering degree, a PhD too. Back in my country I work as a scientist for the government. Yet I wish to immigrate to Canada and start fresh. I must tell you that it is not that easy. I have to consider so many things before I could really immigrate to Canada. The foremost factor in my case is securing a job in Canada. I am married, which means if I remain unemployed in excess of 3 months I will definitely be panicking.

I am awaiting my PPR, and hopefully I can land in another 2-3 months. I am planing to do the landing just myself (without wife) while taking a break from my current job (in India). I could spend this time in search of a job. I just want to share my feelings now - I am losing my sleep these days. Lot of "what if" type of questions spring into mind and it is not easy. My plan is to take some odd job like 'store clerk' or 'customer care' while I will aggressively look for a full time job meanwhile.

I have been told by a good friend of mine who is working for an energy company in Calgary- if I am persuasive in my job hunt 1-2 months should be good enough. I still lose my sleep no matter how assuring his words are. Getting a job is like- you being there at the right time and at the right place! Most likely I will take the risk and immigrate, and leave it to the lord. I can only hope and I can only work hard :)
It really is a apprehensive situation.....all da best for ur job search.....

Ischaan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
NAVI MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th August 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
8th July
Med's Done....
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
27th August
LANDED..........
31st August
amikety said:
But her husband will be having some experience, due to which he was able to get a job......but wat abt people like me who does not have any xperience....wer can I search job as all the net based job search websites ask for xperienced post.......hw can I apply for dat post ?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Ischaan said:
But her husband will be having some experience, due to which he was able to get a job......but wat abt people like me who does not have any xperience....wer can I search job as all the net based job search websites ask for xperienced post.......hw can I apply for dat post ?
Apply for jobs that require 1-2 years experience. Some places will account for your university experience as 1-2 years work experience. Others prefer some experience, but will hire the right candidate regardless of experience. Some only will take experienced employees and won't bother to even view your resume. So there's 3 types and 2 can work in your favor. Those are good odds.

I sent out close to 50 resumes. Many of the jobs I was qualified for - a few overqualified. I got 4 interviews. 3 were in my field and 1 had absolutely nothing to do with anything I've ever done before.

As far as how to apply, you need to write a good resume and cover letter. If you need help, I would google your nearest newcomer centre and see if they have career training.

Aug 9, 2013
We have students asked for asylum in Canada and came to me to respond that there is no sponsor or non-eligibility to work and I have a diploma in computer networks and the Internet in Najah National University in Palestine West Bank Faculty Hisham Hijjawi technological and this branch of specialization was funded by the official is a companyCisco and Microsoft in this study, you may Bunting each of the following areas and is c and I hope that you are a media how I want to do to migrate to Canada to target Alamilo Aalt family and I'm not married or have a partner, legal, and I in the past does not work whenone and I want to start a new life and I hope to respond or communicate with me on one e-mail is Harzallh84@gamil. com
And I wish to respond as quickly and suspended