+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get into Canada- Suggestions please

venkatesham

Jan 3, 2016
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian passport holder,I am desperate to move to Canada as my GF is doing her MS in Canada(should be completed by Dec 2016)so we are planning to settle down there. we are not yet married, we want to married soon.

I am an IT professional having 5+ years of experience(SAP SD,SAP IS-Oil, Manual testing). I wanted to understand what are the best ways to move to Canada and work there.

1.I understands she would be getting work permit once she completes her education, if we get married after she getting work permit? Will I be eligible to move as dependent and work there, if so what type of visa?

2. I should wait until she gets work permit and I should have married her to enter into Canada. I don't want to wait until then, is there any best case where I can apply for which makes me to go there at the earliest ?

3.Once she gets a work permit ,what if I travel on TRV and I marry her there in Canada ? will I get be eligible to work there on a dependent work visa immediately- if so, what is the process ?(do I have any legal issues for my visa raised for coming in as TRV and getting married this way). or should I get marry her in India and wait for the complete process- I have no clue what process is this ?

4.If she gets PR- will I be eligible to work as a dependent if so what type of visa ?

Moreover, I heard I can apply for Open work permit when I will be eligible to apply for it and go to Canada ?

I am in a big confusion which way I have to proceed so that I could go to Canada stay with her and work there.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.it would really matter me very much.

Note- I posted in other forums as well as I am not sure which forum would be best

Twinkle27

Jan 11, 2016
Hello,

I'll try to respond to each question, please do some additional research too :)

1. I understands she would be getting work permit once she completes her education, if we get married after she getting work permit? Will I be eligible to move as dependent and work there, if so what type of visa? If you get married to her, in India or in Canada, you will get an Open Work Permit via her Post Graduation Work Permit. So legally you can stay and work there for as long as she is allowed to legally stay there. If you don't want to get married immediately, Canada also recognizes common law partners *read about it*

2. I should wait until she gets work permit and I should have married her to enter into Canada. I don't want to wait until then, is there any best case where I can apply for which makes me to go there at the earliest ? - You can marry her while she is studying as well, it's entirely up to the two of you. You can go there and marry her or she can fly down here, get married to you, apply for your visa basis her existing visa and you can go along with her or even after her.

3.Once she gets a work permit ,what if I travel on TRV and I marry her there in Canada ? will I get be eligible to work there on a dependent work visa immediately- if so, what is the process ?(do I have any legal issues for my visa raised for coming in as TRV and getting married this way). or should I get marry her in India and wait for the complete process- I have no clue what process is this ? - You can go on a tourist visa and get married to her. At the port of immigration or even the immigration authorities might see this as a red flag because you are entering as a tourists, marrying her and staying back but they can't deport you unless you give them reasons to. If she flies back to marry you, she will mostly have to inform the Canadian Govt. the reason of her visit to India, it could be anything and she could have just gotten married (so to speak) but both ways, it's doable. Please remember, you cannot count on her current student status and her future PGWP status because eventually you guys would want to apply for PR and that would be a joint effort. You should try to get yourself a good job once you reach there- it will help your case for PR.

4.If she gets PR- will I be eligible to work as a dependent if so what type of visa ? Yes- with marriage you'll get PR if she gets PR but getting PR will need her to either have an LMIA assessment (an employer can help her out with it) or her province can nominate her (Please read on CIC website). Either of the 2 things are not mandatory for PR but having at least one of them give having PR a greater degree of certainty. Remember, if you are married to her, in Canada you have the same living and working rights as she does.

Moreover, I heard I can apply for Open work permit when I will be eligible to apply for it and go to Canada ? Very difficult to get it directly, the point grading system requires high scores. You can check your points on CIC.

I am in a big confusion which way I have to proceed so that I could go to Canada stay with her and work there. - Why don't you apply for a course yourself Masters or PG?

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.it would really matter me very much.

venkatesham

Jan 3, 2016
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Twinkle,
Thank you so much for the detailed feedback.

I have also done a little bit of research after ur feedback and understood that- I could only apply for the open work permit while I m married or living together, we didn't do either of the things so I am not eligible for this at the moment.

PG/MS- I thought of it earlier but ended up not choosing it because IT experience, personal reasons and career plans.

So to summarize I think my best option would be to get some good IELTS score and apply for a PR flipside of this is I have to wait almost 8 months to get the PR :( :( :(

Anyways thanks again for all your support and help