+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get driving experience authentication letter from RTO?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi guys,

I've read all the threads related to this and it seems most people have a hard time in getting the driving exp letter from RTO on their letterhead (to bypass G2 exam). I have the format of the letter but I called one driving school here in Mumbai and they too said RTO won't issue such letters as they don't know if you really have the driving experience even though I have the DL since 2011.

He asked me to get an intl. license, but I don't think that's an alternative.

I spoke to another driving school and they said they can get a DL EXTRACT for me, but RTO has no letterhead!

Can someone help? Does anyone have a real letter from RTO that I can show them to get the work done? I would be highly obliged.

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
I did it from Kerala RTO. Please ask for an Extract for your license. They will provide a letter stating the details that can be used in Canada.

Tip
If you get no claim letter from your insurance company for the recent years along with the ownership / vehicle registration copy, you get a good discount on the insurance premium in Canada. Otherwise insurance is a major expense.

Reactions: lok254

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
pkshaji said:
I did it from Kerala RTO. Please ask for an Extract for your license. They will provide a letter stating the details that can be used in Canada.

Tip
If you get no claim letter from your insurance company for the recent years along with the ownership / vehicle registration copy, you get a good discount on the insurance premium in Canada. Otherwise insurance is a major expense.
I can get the DL extract but it's not on letterhead. Was yours on a letterhead? If not, did they accept it without letterhead?

I have never owned a vehicle in India.

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
nevillek said:
I can get the DL extract but it's not on letterhead. Was yours on a letterhead? If not, did they accept it without letterhead?

I have never owned a vehicle in India.
It was... Printed on top with RTO address Ang Govt of Kerala with logo. But if you can get it with official stamp and seal of the signing authority...it should be Ok