+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get a visa after getting the Post-Graduation Work Permit?

Discussion in 'Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)' started by Tiaa, May 15, 2018.

  1. Hi everyone, I just got my Post-Graduation Work Permit a few days ago. My visa was expired in March 31st while I was waiting for the work permit. Can anyone tell me what I should do for the next step to get the visa ?Many thanks!
  2. Hey! Please log in to your CIC account and fill in the application for a 'Temporary Resident Visa' and pay the fees. The form is quite simple and self explanatory. Once you submit the application, you will receive a notification from CIC to send your passport to Ottawa for stamping. You will then need to buy two pre-paid Xpress post envelopes from Canada post (the specifications would show up while you fill the form) and send your passport. It usually takes a week or up to ten days for them to process your request and return the passport.
  3. Hi there,
    Any idea about required documents?
    Can I apply for a visa alongside my post grad work permit or they need the hard copy of work permit for visa application?

  4. Thank you for the instruction. I have to say that you are professional. Great instruction! I appreciate!
    Metalhead_666 likes this.
  5. Hey there!

    You can apply for the visa only once you receive your PGWP. You are required to reference the PGWP UCI number on the TRV application.

    As far as the documents are concerned, they are quite general. Copy of your PGWP and passport are the only documents needed from what I recollect. Sorry, but I applied for mine quite a while back and don't recollect clearly. However, they are quite general. Cheers!

Share This Page