+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to find PR Card Number???

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
I have received my PR card last Friday, so It should be the newer version of PRC that comes out in Nov 2015.

At the frond of the PRC, I can find "ID No/N' ID: 0000-0000".
At top right corner of its back, it says "PB0123456"

What is the different between these two numbers? Lots of resources say that the front is the Client ID and the back is the PRC number.

With this new PRC, I can then apply for Nexus card on GOES, if I use the presumably correct 7 digits (excluding PB) PRC number, the system generates an error message: "The A-number for a permanent resident card issued by CANADA must be exactly 8 digits in nnnn-nnnn or nnnnnnnn format.".

Please help!

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kidbroker said:
Thanks, but if you take a look at this link https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=id_num
UCI number is different from the Permanent Resident Card number which is located at the back of PR card.
You are right. The number on the back side of your PR card is your PR card number. But that number will not go through your nexus card application. You have to apply with your 8 digit UCI number on the front of your PR card.

Reactions: vaas2018

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
sarad1 said:
You are right. The number on the back side of your PR card is your PR card number. But that number will not go through your nexus card application. You have to apply with your 8 digit UCI number on the front of your PR card.
Thank you sarad1!

A quick question regarding PR card number, why would there be two different formats?
For example: RA0302123456 and PA0123456

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
sarad1 said:
This is correct.

sbansal86

Aug 28, 2016
My UCI is 10 digit. And Its not letting me add that

The A-number for a permanent resident card issued by CANADA must be exactly 8 digits in nnnn-nnnn or nnnnnnnn format.
Hi Backupoption123,

I am facing the same issue. Have you applied for Nexus already?

Thanks

fbparadise

Sep 28, 2020
hello. can someone help me, please? I want to apply for my PR card renewal but I don't know how to find my UCI number. Does anyone know where can I find this no?

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi backupotion123,

I am using the newer NEXUS ttp website https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ to apply for nexus card. Would the last 8 digits from UCI is sufficient to fill in the 8 digit PR card number ? Hopefully it will not cause any problem during the interview ???

My Canada pr card is in this format "PB0123456" with 7 digits
Hi guys,
did anyone applied the nexus card ?
how did you entered 8 digit number where as in PR card, we only have 7 digit ?

Sub2808

Feb 3, 2022
Hi,

I just got my PR card approved (according to my gckey account). I linked my PR card application to the Gckey account - Is the document number shown on the gckey application the same as the PR card number?

I am trying to apply for a visa to another country for official purposes, and I am trying to figure out if I can complete the visa application with the document number given in gckey as my PR number. I just don't want to waste more time waiting for the card as the travel date is nearing. if anybody knows, please let me know.