+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to find out jobs from overseas

Jekin_patel

Dec 30, 2014
Hello All!!!
If you could please help how to find job form overseas?
3 years exp as Team Leader in JD WEATHERSPOONS(pub & reasturant)@ HEATHROW Airport uk
2 years exp as Manager in JD WEATHERSPOONS(pub & reasturant)@ HEATHROW airport uk
Lived in uk for 6 yrs
4 years exp as Account - India

And I have bachelors degree in business degree from uk

If you could please help out and guide me
Thanks

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Email the companies directly they will hire you right away. Canadian companies need people with international experience, no interview required

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
newtone said:
Email the companies directly they will hire you right away. Canadian companies need people with international experience, no interview required
Really? Which companies? Can you share some names please?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All companies in Canada. I had a long winded discussion in this forum with some people about sharing names of companies and was told not to so I will not share any names

walidcanada

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
All companies in Canada. I had a long winded discussion in this forum with some people about sharing names of companies and was told not to so I will not share any names
;D :D ;D :D

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jekin_patel said:
Hello All!!!
If you could please help how to find job form overseas?
3 years exp as Team Leader in JD WEATHERSPOONS(pub & reasturant) @ HEATHROW Airport uk
2 years exp as Manager in JD WEATHERSPOONS(pub & reasturant) @ HEATHROW airport uk
Lived in uk for 6 yrs
4 years exp as Account - India

And I have bachelors degree in business degree from uk

If you could please help out and guide me
Thanks
Due to current economic conditions it's difficult to land a job in Canada, even from within the Canada.

But you may have greater success, depending on your skills and current demand. I am not sure , but if you are looking for a job in pub and restaurant, your best bet could be walking into establishments in person and filling out an application on the spot. And it may not be very difficult for you to find a job at restaurant or pub, even under current market conditions.

BEWARE of scams related to paid job placement services. If ANYONE asks you to pay upfront to find you a job don't do it. Even if they "guarantee" a refund and charge via Paypal/Visa/Mastercard, you may never be able to recover your fees because activity/transaction could be deemed illegal by the terms of your credit card issuer and Paypal.

Feel free to post on this board and may be search for hospitality related forums in Canada.
There are people who will try to help you find a job if you are serious about it.

Good luck.

walidcanada

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ElmTree said:
For some reason I detect sarcasm in that emoji overload... :p. Is that because newtone was referring to walidcanada as "some people"?
"some people" doesnt relate to me by any means. But you are absolutely right about the "sarcasm" because if you concetrated in the whole sentence, you will end up with this :eek: :eek: and then :D ;D :p

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When newtone honestly wrote about how difficult it is to find a job in Canada with international credentials, people on forum did not like it. Now he says the opposite - and people did not like it again. It is so hard to satisfy people.

Reminded me of a joke about Hoja Nasreddin.

Once Nasreddin was Outside with his son and donkey. He was on board a donkey and son was walking. Two neighbours met him and said: "You shameless man, you are riding a donkey in comfort and let your small child walk in this hot weather"

Next day Nasreddin switched with his son, he walked and son was riding a donkey. The same neighbours saw them and said: "you shameless boy, you are young and full of energy yet you let your old father walk in this hot weather".

Next day both son and Nasreddin decided to walk, letting donkey walk by their side. The same couple of neighbours met them again and said: "you two morons, you have a donkey and instead of using him and riding him, you walk in this hot weather"

Likewise, no matter what you write on this forum, your input is never appreciated in full.

walidcanada said:
"some people" doesnt relate to me by any means. But you are absolutely right about the "sarcasm" because if you concetrated in the whole sentence, you will end up with this :eek: :eek: and then :D ;D :p

walidcanada

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Katayoon said:
When newtone honestly wrote about how difficult it is to find a job in Canada with international credentials, people on forum did not like it. Now he says the opposite - and people did not like it again. It is so hard to satisfy people.

Reminded me of a joke about Hoja Nasreddin.

Once Nasreddin was Outside with his son and donkey. He was on board a donkey and son was walking. Two neighbours met him and said: "You shameless man, you are riding a donkey in comfort and let your small child walk in this hot weather"

Next day Nasreddin switched with his son, he walked and son was riding a donkey. The same neighbours saw them and said: "you shameless boy, you are young and full of energy yet you let your old father walk in this hot weather".

Next day both son and Nasreddin decided to walk, letting donkey walk by their side. The same couple of neighbours met them again and said: "you two morons, you have a donkey and instead of using him and riding him, you walk in this hot weather"

Likewise, no matter what you write on this forum, your input is never appreciated in full.
Infact you didn't complete the story. The next day Nasereddin and his son carried the donkey on their heads and the same neighbours said to them: Why you carry Mr. donkey on your heads you should pull him by a roab!!!

Human beings will only be satisfied in another life not in our current time.

This is the nature of beauty ;) Keep it down :D

Dec 17, 2014
You need to have a decent Canadian resume to start with, and be ready to take on interviews on the phone. There are many job sites, but it can be helpful to narrow down which provinces or cities you want to go to so you can also narrow down what job sites to focus on.

If you are immigrating to Canada (BC to be more specific) and would like to do some job search preparation before moving to Canada, check out our MOSAIC Online Pre-arrival Services (google this and you will find the website to it). We offer free online workshop on job search strategies :).

Our next start date is February 23rd, 2015. You will get lots of information on how and where to look for jobs from overseas, what you need to prepare, labour market information, and etc. You must have been approved to immigrate to Canada already or in the process of your immigration application.