+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to find a job from abroad?

nope

Oct 3, 2015
zervino said:
I admire your commitment to Canada. You need a good reason to go through all that struggle, when it seems that you could have easily found a nice job in California.

But you can see from the questions of most PR applicants, that they assume that they will work in their field as soon as they land. And the reality for many new comers is that it takes them years and lots of effort to retake their careers.

Other countries will value your previous experience. But Canada, in general, requires you to start your career almost from scratch. Get Canadian degrees, certifications, etc. and Canadian work experience.
Well, my wife isn't American -- and when we emigrated, it was when the Canadian economy was good, and the American terrible. We'd been living in Asia, and coming back to the United States would have been very difficult. The green card (for my wife) is far less convenient than the Canadian Permanent Residency. It was more a commitment to my young children than to Canada, the country we were coming from was very unstable.

And finally, I work in public health. In Canada, this is a better-paid and more numerous profession than in the States; that's not true for most careers.

Seeker16

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
zervino said:
I admire your commitment to Canada. You need a good reason to go through all that struggle, when it seems that you could have easily found a nice job in California.

But you can see from the questions of most PR applicants, that they assume that they will work in their field as soon as they land. And the reality for many new comers is that it takes them years and lots of effort to retake their careers.

Other countries will value your previous experience. But Canada, in general, requires you to start your career almost from scratch. Get Canadian degrees, certifications, etc. and Canadian work experience.
Agree, Most PR applicants do believe that they could find appropriate job in a reasonable time frame, and they are driven by simple human physical and inner willings. Google and Youtube is full of happy pictures and videos, insensibly seeding us this idea.

I did expect that immigration is tough decision and requires a lot of hard work and willing, but what is really SHOCKING me is that a guy with master's, english/french, Int. job experience (looks like in developed countries) could not find almost anything in a whole year and now going back home. In addition he mentioned that he is not the only one. That's why I asked about your desire to find a job. Absolutely didn't mean it rude.

Anyway... that's a good topic, requires more research and opinions. Thanks for sharing it. Never thought that Canada is dream country welcomes and hugs every immigrant. I thought I had modest, realistic views about landing in there and was preparing myself for a tough times. If what you're saying is common thing for many newcomers, then even my realistic views turns to be a dream.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Seeker16 said:
Agree, Most PR applicants do believe that they could find appropriate job in a reasonable time frame, and they are driven by simple human physical and inner willings. Google and Youtube is full of happy pictures and videos, insensibly seeding us this idea.

I did expect that immigration is tough decision and requires a lot of hard work and willing, but what is really SHOCKING me is that a guy with master's, english/french, Int. job experience (looks like in developed countries) could not find almost anything in a whole year and now going back home. In addition he mentioned that he is not the only one. That's why I asked about your desire to find a job. Absolutely didn't mean it rude.

Anyway... that's a good topic, requires more research and opinions. Thanks for sharing it. Never thought that Canada is dream country welcomes and hugs every immigrant. I thought I had modest, realistic views about landing in there and was preparing myself for a tough times. If what you're saying is common thing for many newcomers, then even my realistic views turns to be a dream.
Look at it this way -- many Canadians are finding it hard to get into the careers that they want. Unemployment in college-educated youth is a serious problem. If this is the case for locals, it'll be the case for immigrants too. There's nothing strange about it, it's just how the world is these days.