+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to fill the form IMM0008ENU

wwwboy151

Jan 13, 2012
How to fill NO. 4 immigration office requested for processing this application?
Is write Ottawa, ontario?
Thank you!

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.
If you are going to be living in Canada while your application is processing, then you can write "CPP-O" for the Ottawa office. The list of offices are listed here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

rgonzalez

Jun 12, 2012
Hi Guys!!! I have the same doubt. I am living and working in Canada since more than 2 years ago. What immigration office should I request for processing?? As per my interpretation, I have to send the documents to Sydney Nova Scotia, but in IM008 Generic Application form for Canda I have to answer in question 4 CPP-O, Ottawa.

Do you mind giving me a hint???

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
All applications are mailed to CIO Sydney, NS but on the IMM008 form, the visa office to process your application will be "CPP-O"(assuming you will be living in Canada as it's processed).

rgonzalez said:
Hi Guys!!! I have the same doubt. I am living and working in Canada since more than 2 years ago. What immigration office should I request for processing?? As per my interpretation, I have to send the documents to Sydney Nova Scotia, but in IM008 Generic Application form for Canda I have to answer in question 4 CPP-O, Ottawa.

Do you mind giving me a hint???

CA_CEC

Aug 13, 2012
Hi
I have similar confusions wrt filling up of IMM0008 form. I am completing 2y of work here on WP and moving back to India after a week. I want to apply for PR on CEC. I would be moving out of Canada after mailing my PR application.
1. in IMM0008 - for 'Immigration Office' shall I put CPP-O (Ottawa office), Canada or Buffalo, NY USA or New Delhi, India
2. I was told that 'Buffalo, NY USA' is the best option as that has faster processing time line
3. Contact Mailing & Residential Address - as I would not be staying in Canada, I plan to put my friend's address for both the sections who has permanent house here - is it okay as I do not see any 'C/o' option hence it would be my application with my friend's address.
4. Telephone No. - same as above - planning to put friend's home phone number - is that okay?
5. IMM5610E - Check List Item # 17 - include 2 self addressed mailing labels - refer to Pt. No. 3 above - planning to put friend's home address - is it fine?

Thanks in advance for your attention and resolving my confusion as above....

mnjdev

Apr 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Biodata form on 13th march
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
RPRF requested on 1st March
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
28-04-2013
Hi
I have similar confusions wrt filling up of IMM0008 form. I am completing 2y of work here on WP and moving back to India after a week. I want to apply for PR on CEC. I would be moving out of Canada after mailing my PR application.
1. in IMM0008 - for 'Immigration Office' shall I put CPP-O (Ottawa office), Canada or Buffalo, NY USA or New Delhi, India
better to choose New Delhi, India - processing times are more or less same (buffalo is closed now)
2. I was told that 'Buffalo, NY USA' is the best option as that has faster processing time line
It's closed now, CPP-O is replacing buffalo
3. Contact Mailing & Residential Address - as I would not be staying in Canada, I plan to put my friend's address for both the sections who has permanent house here - is it okay as I do not see any 'C/o' option hence it would be my application with my friend's address.
Residential address should be your's. For mailing address why not your back home address?
4. Telephone No. - same as above - planning to put friend's home phone number - is that okay?
doesn't matter as correspondence will be your email address.you can give your back home number
5. IMM5610E - Check List Item # 17 - include 2 self addressed mailing labels - refer to Pt. No. 3 above - planning to put friend's home address - is it fine?
give your correspondence as email, then you don't even have to submit 2 self addressed mailing labels, some of the applicants didn't submit this and their credit cards were charged.
Thanks in advance for your attention and resolving my confusion as above....

CA_CEC

Aug 13, 2012
Thanks so much .. mnjdev .. that clarified my most of the confusions. Please clear few more doubts-

My most of the friends have applied with mailing address in Canada (friend's) and they received the PR Card etc. in Canada only though they are in India.
Now, I am not sure if I provide the 'Immigration Office' as 'New Delhi' and put address/ telephone as my India residence contact - will it be equally effective as putting all the contact address that from Canada.
Which is a better way of payment - Bank Draft or Credit Card?
Also, after I post the application package to CIO, Sydney NS, what are the steps and interaction will follow that?
Does all the correspondence happens on E-Mail - because posting any document from India to CPP-O would not be cost effective; do I start working with New Delhi Visa Office for all future interaction?
I am not clear on your response against 'IMM5610E - Check List Item # 17' - to complete the package, 2 self addressed mailing labels must accompany; you are indicating that it is not must. However, if I want to complete the documentation - do I put my India postal address?

Once again thanks for your effective support.

mnjdev

Apr 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Biodata form on 13th march
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
RPRF requested on 1st March
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
28-04-2013
Of course it is equivalent to write Indian address so as Canadian address.
Credit card is better way of payment, u will know easily when they charge.

after you apply, in 3 weeks, your credit card will be charged
in 3 months you will receive AOR (nowadays after a month from your credit card is charged, you get your AOR)
in 4th or 5th month medicals
6th to 10th month request for your passport

All correspondence are through email unless they specify u to send any hard copy

I believe self addressed labels are not being used by CIC unless u opt for conventional mail/post for correspondence

reddy56

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Current country of resident

Hi All,

In personal details question 10. Current Country of resident ( now I am living in Canada ), Status I written as Worker ( I am done my education now I am in post graduation work permit ), do I need to enter from and to dates ? Please give me a clarification.
Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Re: Current country of resident

Your current country of residence(i.e. where you live) is Canada. "From" will be the date you first entered Canada and "to" will be the date you fill out the form. You must enter a date in order to validate the form, but when you print it, you may draw a line over the "to" date and write "present". Hope this helps!

reddy56 said:
Hi All,

In personal details question 10. Current Country of resident ( now I am living in Canada ), Status I written as Worker ( I am done my education now I am in post graduation work permit ), do I need to enter from and to dates ? Please give me a clarification.
Thanks

reddy56

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet

SenoritaBella said:
Your current country of residence(i.e. where you live) is Canada. "From" will be the date you first entered Canada and "to" will be the date you fill out the form. You must enter a date in order to validate the form, but when you print it, you may draw a line over the "to" date and write "present". Hope this helps!
Hi
Thanks for your replay, should I write the expiry date of work permit ?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon

You may do that, if it allows you to validate the form.

reddy56 said:
Hi
Thanks for your replay, should I write the expiry date of work permit ?

reddy56

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet

SenoritaBella said:
You may do that, if it allows you to validate the form.
Thank you very much,,,,,,,,,,,,

CA_CEC

Aug 13, 2012
mnjdev said:
Of course it is equivalent to write Indian address so as Canadian address.
Credit card is better way of payment, u will know easily when they charge.

after you apply, in 3 weeks, your credit card will be charged
in 3 months you will receive AOR (nowadays after a month from your credit card is charged, you get your AOR)
in 4th or 5th month medicals
6th to 10th month request for your passport

All correspondence are through email unless they specify u to send any hard copy

I believe self addressed labels are not being used by CIC unless u opt for conventional mail/post for correspondence
Dear 'mnjdev' ... I am very thankful for your prompt help and detailed information; I cld not reply earlier as I was busy in filing the forms. Your inputs were clear and to the point and that clarified my issues. .... thnx again .. :)