Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
I'm extremely confused about IMM 5406.

Question 1.) It says, "the principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form"

Does this mean I need to print 2 copies of this form, one for principal applicant, one for sponsor (spouse)?

Question 2.) It says, "if a section does not apply to you, write 'not applicable'"

Section B doesn't apply, we don't have kids. Section C, is this for siblings that are also being sponsored? Or is Section C just info on siblings?

And, if a section doesn't apply, should I continuously write "not applicable" in every box, or can I write out "not applicable" in large letters, spanning the entire section?

Thank you so much!

jamique

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuiGeneris said:
I'm extremely confused about IMM 5406.

Question 1.) It says, "the principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form"

Does this mean I need to print 2 copies of this form, one for principal applicant, one for sponsor (spouse)?

Question 2.) It says, "if a section does not apply to you, write 'not applicable'"

Section B doesn't apply, we don't have kids. Section C, is this for siblings that are also being sponsored? Or is Section C just info on siblings?

And, if a section doesn't apply, should I continuously write "not applicable" in every box, or can I write out "not applicable" in large letters, spanning the entire section?

Thank you so much!
Only the principal applicant fills out IMM5604
Write N/A in sections which don't apply
You should include the name of your siblings even though they are not being sponsored

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
For a sponsored spouse, only the applicant fills out the form. The sponsor does not. These forms are generic forms used by other classes of immigrants as well; in these classes, both spouses are immigrating, so both have to do their own forms.

For section C, CIC wants the applicant to list all his or her siblings. It does not matter whether they are planning to immigrate to Canada or not. This form is background info that CIC may never use. But if a relative does immigrate in the future, CIC does check to make sure these forms match.

Iulia77

Aug 24, 2021
Hello, could you please help me in filling the form IMM5604? I'm the sponsor, my mother is the applicant.
First my mother is the applicant, and in section B she has to list all her children (being 4 in total) with the information required, and in section C she has to list all her siblings?
After all she signed the form.
After all this my dad becomes applicant, and he has to list the same kids (again being 4 in total) in section B, and in section C he has to list his siblings? (I have to mention that I'm only sponsoring my mother, my dad is not going to Canada).
After this, all of my dad's and mom's kids (4 in total) has to be the applicant and list their children in section B....? (I have to mention again that none of my dad's and mom's children go to Canada).
I really need your help as is so confused for me.
Thank you very much.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Your parents' kids are ALL under 22 (and older than 18) and are dependents (single and not common law with partner) of them??? If so, they will each need to fill their IMM 5604. My guess is that they are NOT.

Usually 1 of your parents is the principle applicant and the other is the dependent.
So both of them will need to fill in IMM 5604. There will be repeating information. BUT you still have to fill them in.
Don't forget to put yourself as their child as well.

Iulia77

Aug 24, 2021
Your parents' kids are ALL under 22 (and older than 18) and are dependents (single and not common law with partner) of them??? If so, they will each need to fill their IMM 5604. My guess is that they are NOT.

Usually 1 of your parents is the principle applicant and the other is the dependent.
So both of them will need to fill in IMM 5604. There will be repeating information. BUT you still have to fill them in.
All of the children are over 22 years old and married. In this case they have to be included in the form but they don't need to sign the form right?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
All of the children are over 22 years old and married. In this case they have to be included in the form but they don't need to sign the form right?
Yes. They don't need to fill their own form. But their information will be on your father and your mother's forms.
So only your dad and mom need to sign the forms.

TL109

Aug 16, 2015
Need urgent help guys. I am sponsoring my mother and father. In form 5406 i have filled out the section A B C for my father(primary applicant) my mother has 5 siblings and we only have space for 3. The form says attach another sheet. Does that mean i need to fill out another form and name her remaining siblings? Or do i just write it on a piece of paper and attach it to the form?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Need urgent help guys. I am sponsoring my mother and father. In form 5406 i have filled out the section A B C for my father(primary applicant) my mother has 5 siblings and we only have space for 3. The form says attach another sheet. Does that mean i need to fill out another form and name her remaining siblings? Or do i just write it on a piece of paper and attach it to the form?
Attach the information for the rest of the siblings on another paper. There isn’t another government form for additional siblings.

OLUWASEYIAJAYI

Oct 13, 2018

How does the dependent fill section A? Will they write their names on the applicant's column and their parents' information too? I seem not to understand how to go about section A of the form?

OLUWASEYIAJAYI

Oct 13, 2018
How does the dependent fill section A? Will they write their names on the applicant's column and their parents' information too? I seem not to understand how to go about section A of the form?