+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to file official complaints against CIC services, performance, ...?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:
Yes, the media loves these things. I see them all the time on the news. Our local media has recently featured:

An Indo-Canadian man unsuccessfully trying to sponsor his old Aunt as a PR in the family class. He got the aunt over on a visitor's visa and is trying to sponsor her as a parent, in spite of the fact he has already sponsored his parents. She was facing deportation but now gets a second appeal.

A Filipina who was just sponsored as a dependent and didn't declare her child upon entry and is now upset she can't ever sponsor her child. They filmed the mother and child bawling on a Skype conversation. Apparently the child was born before the application was submitted and never mentioned. The family denies it.

These stories are heart wrenching and the public are appalled - even though both (to me) clearly break the basic rules. Why shouldn't they also be sympathetic to OUR stories? I think we need to get to the media and change people's perception of immigration.
I did contact the media before but was NOT successful...all CIC violations had to be reported specially those violations that can NOT be reported on individual cases...cases of favoritism, corruption, ...
similar cases with different results or huge variance in processing times

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Dr Eng X said:
I did contact the media before but was NOT successful...all CIC violations had to be reported specially those violations that can NOT be reported on individual cases...cases of favoritism, corruption, ...
similar cases with different results or huge variance in processing times
with all due respect, I see your waiting time is 13 months......believe me......it could be far worse !

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
Steph C said:
Yes, the media loves these things. I see them all the time on the news. Our local media has recently featured:

An Indo-Canadian man unsuccessfully trying to sponsor his old Aunt as a PR in the family class. He got the aunt over on a visitor's visa and is trying to sponsor her as a parent, in spite of the fact he has already sponsored his parents. She was facing deportation but now gets a second appeal.

A Filipina who was just sponsored as a dependent and didn't declare her child upon entry and is now upset she can't ever sponsor her child. They filmed the mother and child bawling on a Skype conversation. Apparently the child was born before the application was submitted and never mentioned. The family denies it.

These stories are heart wrenching and the public are appalled - even though both (to me) clearly break the basic rules. Why shouldn't they also be sympathetic to OUR stories? I think we need to get to the media and change people's perception of immigration.
I'm sorry, but the man who is trying to sponsor his Aunt shouldn't be allowed to. He has already sponsored his parents, and him trying to sponsor his aunt a a parent is fraudulent. There are rules and one must follow them. It is as simple as that.

I have a hard time believe that the CIC overlooked someone declaring their child upon entry. This situation also sounds fishy, but if it is true I agree that there should be something done to assure that the child and the mother can be together.

I think that everyone is forgetting that Canada has one of the easiest Immigration systems out there. If your application is sitting, I'm sure that there is a reason... Especially if you've called and made them aware of it. I've gone through my moments of frustration as well, but you have to think of what these officers and agents go through every day.They receive hundreds of applications a day, and have to fish through the ignorance and lies of others.

I do NOT have any doubts, CPP-Ottawa did NOT do anything at least for my case and others. I am 100% sure of what I am saying. I did speak to a CIC agent who confirmed they transfered the files...Not only this but I can see everything on my GCMS records now back to the question:
You cannot be 100% that your application is just gathering dust in Ottawa. Have you seen it since you mailed it off? Do you know what room it is in? Have you SEEN them not working on it? No. You haven't. You might suspect that they haven't done anything with it, but you cannot know that for certain.

The truth is, there is no formal way to file a complaint against the CIC so you should just stop asking. It's the way it is. If you don't like the way that the CIC handles things that you probably shouldn't move to CAnada, because the justice system here works slowly.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
with all due respect, I see your waiting time is 13 months......believe me......it could be far worse !
This is also true. The average wait times for many visa offices is 13 months of more. I think that you're being unreasonable. Cases can be similar, but no case is exactly like others. You could have two similar cases, yet one takes much longer to process because it did/did not have a single factor that the other one did not/did.

The CIC does not play favoritism and is one of the least corrupt areas on government in Canada. You need to take a deep breathe. Call the CIC and see what they tell you. I assure you, speaking to them as you're speaking on here is no going to get you much cooperation from them. They have a very strict 'No Tolerance' policy.

And you're really not giving us any information. Where are you from? What is your background? Is there anything that would delay your application?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gsize said:
You looked at someone's profile but forgot the big picture!!! I will NOT stand and see those violations evenif my application gets finalized and approved ...
Sorry but it IS a principle

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hnhkrk said:
You cannot be 100% that your application is just gathering dust in Ottawa. Have you seen it since you mailed it off? Do you know what room it is in? Have you SEEN them not working on it? No. You haven't. You might suspect that they haven't done anything with it, but you cannot know that for certain.

The truth is, there is no formal way to file a complaint against the CIC so you should just stop asking. It's the way it is. If you don't like the way that the CIC handles things that you probably shouldn't move to CAnada, because the justice system here works slowly.
This is my 1st and last response to your likes. I am a Canadian citizen and know my rights. If you appreciate living in Canada and its system it is because of people like me. People who fight for justice and fight favoritism, corruption, violations,...etc.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
Dr Eng X said:
This is my 1st and last response to your likes. I am a Canadian citizen and know my rights. If you appreciate living in Canada and its system it is because of people like me. People who fight for justice and fight favoritism, corruption, violations,...etc.
I'm not against someone fighting for what is right. I move to Quebec for that very reason (I was a part of the student protests, etc etc.) But I AM against is someone jumping to conclusions like you are right now. I really have yet to see a case where the CIC was being unfair and incompetent. I agree that the CIC could be more organized and timely but I don't know if I could run things any better myself... but I really dont' see any favoritism, corruption or violations. Someone getting their application processed faster because they live in a country that is visa except isn't favoritism, that is just policy.

You have made it clear that you are close-minded to hearing anyone's opinion that doesn't mirror yours.

And I have a hard time believing that you're a Canadian citizen as your English seems scattered. That could just be you typing in the heat of the moment, though.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people" Eleanor Roosevelt
back to the question:
"How to file official complaints against CIC services, performance, ...? "

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
Dr Eng X said:
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people" Eleanor Roosevelt
back to the question:
lolololololololololol. right.

Everything I said was true and just. I scanned through your posting history and you've appeared to be outraged during every step of the process, not just this one. Some countries have different processing times than others because they have less or more people applying.

"How to file official complaints against CIC services, performance, ...? "
After some googling the answers you've already gotten on the best that you're going to get. There is no customer service center when dealing with the CIC, so the answer to your question is there is no way to file a formal complaint against the CIC. The only complaints you can file are against representative that you talk to on the phone or in the offices.

So basically, your only options are the ones stated below:
[*]Contact media sources (newspaper, television networks, new reporters)
[*]Contact the Visa Office directly through e-mail.
[*] Contact your MP.
[*] Contact the Minister of Immigration.

Here are some other threads that are similar to this one:

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
Dr Eng X said:
This is an extremely conceited response for a first-generation immigrant.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Immigration is a tedious process and I sympathize with anyone still waiting for an outcome but I also know accusations and insinuations without proof is no way to bring about change.

Filling complaints about this is a worthy cause but how you go about it matters too. An effective complaint should address the issue/problem, how it has affected you/family, what's being done right(people who have helped you e.g. MP, friend, family, etc) and what could be done to improve. It has to be constructive and tactful, but if it's full of piss and vinegar, it won't go anythere.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
I don't think I have ever seen Dr Eng X write a post that didn't involve complaining about CIC. Not trying to be mean, just stating a fact

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
frankinto said:
This is an extremely conceited response for a first-generation immigrant.
Yes... the first people I would thank are my ancestors. People like my grandparents were directly involved in the fight for our socialized health care system. I don't know if everybody is aware what a big deal this was back in the day. If I had anybody to thank, it would be my ancestors from their generation and before who actually had hands directly building and pioneering in my province, and making sure their ideals were upheld. I don't have any sense of entitlement towards the Canadian government, however I feel I'm just as deserving as the next person to live with their partner. It's not a common thing for born Canadians to "know their rights." Usually it's immigrants who are insisting on theirs. Just saying ::) We are all treated equally, and I think we have a culture of fairness and politeness.

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
Steph C said:
It's not a common thing for born Canadians to "know their rights." Usually it's immigrants who are insisting on theirs. Just saying ::) We are all treated equally, and I think we have a culture of fairness and politeness.
Of course, but I would add that as a French-Canadian whose family has been in these parts for 350 years, and who is also gay, I know precisely what my rights are, how they were earned and how they are protected. It is unacceptable to hear a recent immigrant saying that we owe this country to their efforts against favouritism and corruption.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
frankinto said:
Of course, but I would add that as a French-Canadian whose family has been in these parts for 350 years, and who is also gay, I know precisely what my rights are, how they were earned and how they are protected. It is unacceptable to hear a recent immigrant saying that we owe this country to their efforts against favouritism and corruption.
Seeing this post bothered too, and I'm not even a resident yet. Never will I claim that the country owes me anything. Like many have said, Dr. Eng has been complaining about the CIC from day one and I believe his efforts should be ignored.