+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to file canadian tax returns from India ? please help

Nov 1, 2011
hello all,

i left canada on 4th of oct 2012. I have received my T4 and i am currently in India. I would like to file my taxes, could someone please guide me how to go about doing it from India. I know we can do it online, but i am sure on the procedure and the revenue agency website didnt help much.

thanks

prashanth

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would this be your first Canadian tax return? If yes, you would be able to complete it online, but you would have to print it off and submit it by mail to the following address :

International Tax Services Office
Post Office Box 9769, Station T
Ottawa ON K1G 3Y4
CANADA

When did you first enter Canada for work? When did you leave? Did you work for only one employer?

I use ufile.ca for my own taxes. To me it's straightforward and relatively cheap. You could also use hrblock, and a whole bunch of others, just google them, the pricing is similar across the board. Log on to one of these, make a profile, and attempt to begin to complete your return. Ask me for clarification as you go along, and I'll be happy to help.

Nov 1, 2011
i filed it online using netfile a few days ago..i checked the status today and it says your 2012 tax file is assessed..so i suppose i am good. Really appreciate your response and help.

thanks.

Jul 13, 2013
Hi

prashanthmanae

Our financial advisors offer the following to help you work toward your financial goals:
Trustworthy recommendations from an investment advisor
Independent financial Planning advisors who offer unbiased advice
Investment advisory services
Comprehensive Financial Planning
Certified Financial Advisor Planners

Dynasty Advisors

venkatch

Mar 23, 2015
Hi,

I worked in Canada from 27th Jan, 2014 to 10th July, 2014. I am currently in India.

It seems I am not eligible for NetFile as per "Canada Revenue Agency".

I think I am left with EFile option only now.

Can someone please guide me how can I file tax return from India?

Thanks & Regards
Venkat