NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
I would like to file a complaint against CIC after 5 years. I applied work visa in India in 2013. My visa got approved by CIC and I visited Canada along with my wife in April 2013. However, at toronto airport, I was not allowed to enter into canada by the border officer. He told us my work visa got approved without medical certificate and he refused give my work permit. I explained him that it was not my mistake and CIC should have rejected my application during the processing as an incomplete package. However, he told us that we should leave the country though it was CIC mistake. He also allowed us to enter Canada for a week to get return ticket as we did not have money to buy the tickets. However, we managed to get medical certificate from a Canadian physician during our short stay. Again, he did not accept that certificates and told me that the mistake was done by the canadian embassy in India; and it had to be solved by them. He forced us to withdraw our application voluntarily at toronto airport and he sent us back to India.

First of all it was not my mistake and we were humiliated and discriminated because of the mistake done by CIC. Most importantly, I have been under lots of stress until now and I cannot tolerate the action done by CIC. So, I decided to file an official complaint against CIC now. I am not sure if it is possible to file an official complaint against CIC after 5 years. I would like to get your opinion on this matter.

I will be very appreciated if you can help on this issue.

Reactions: Asaleh85

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I would like to file a complaint against CIC after 5 years. I applied work visa in India in 2013. My visa got approved by CIC and I visited Canada along with my wife in April 2013. However, at toronto airport, I was not allowed to enter into canada by the border officer. He told us my work visa got approved without medical certificate and he refused give my work permit. I explained him that it was not my mistake and CIC should have rejected my application during the processing as an incomplete package. However, he told us that we should leave the country though it was CIC mistake. He also allowed us to enter Canada for a week to get return ticket as we did not have money to buy the tickets. However, we managed to get medical certificate from a Canadian physician during our short stay. Again, he did not accept that certificates and told me that the mistake was done by the canadian embassy in India; and it had to be solved by them. He forced us to withdraw our application voluntarily at toronto airport and he sent us back to India.

First of all it was not my mistake and we were humiliated and discriminated because of the mistake done by CIC. Most importantly, I have been under lots of stress until now and I cannot tolerate the action done by CIC. So, I decided to file an official complaint against CIC now. I am not sure if it is possible to file an official complaint against CIC after 5 years. I would like to get your opinion on this matter.

After 5 years? Why only now. I'm not sure about the law but appeals are generally time bound.

Reactions: Noramoda

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

It's far too late to register a complaint.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
I would like to file a complaint against CIC after 5 years.

Don't they still have the powers to cancel your PR on some technicality ?

Guess you plan to apply for citizenship too ? Not sure you want to have a dispute / legal case ongoing against the CIC when that comes up ?

Agree with all the above advise to let it pass.

Reactions: riadh87

linda85

Jun 20, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
five years later?? just move on

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per all the replies before after 5 years you will probably not get much sympathy on this forum however if it really continues to ‘stress ‘ you then maybe you need to spend a few thousand on a lawyer who will probably come out with same advice . Mistakes happen unfortunately and the onus is still most of the time on the applicant to read the guidelines thoroughly , check any requirements in any document checklist and ask questions if clarification required. After all I am sure did all that when you applied for PR.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Thanks for all your advices . I will let it go ..

Reactions: zohebshaikh

navnkg

Sep 15, 2016
I may disagree with everyone here. You faced discrimination, humiliation, and probably spent some money at that time because of the mistakes of CIC. You followed the process and did everything right. They cannot just do anything they want. Even after 5 years, it is haunting you.
You should file a legal case against CIC for emotional and mental pain and ask for compensation. You should consult a lawyer how would you like to proceed for it. You should not file an online complaint to CIC because it will not do anything good but file a legal case against them. Even if you are not in Canada, you can always authorize your lawyer to represent you.
P.S. They cannot just cancel your PR just because you filed a case against them. Legally you are not at any fault for your PR to be cancelled or Canadian citizenship revoked.