+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO EXTEND WORK PERMIT

sanjchip

Apr 8, 2014
Hello,

I got my aor, my work permit is finishing in few weeks.

how can i extend my work permit, is it called an open work permit?

i am in canada, working for almost three years under a post graduate work permit.

what would be the correct link for it on cic. i am getting confused in the website.

i don't want to get my work extension getting rejected, to my knowledge extend the work work permit while
you are waiting a decision for your pr application is different from regular work permit.

i would appreciate any help

neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjchip said:
Hello,

i am in canada, working for almost three years under a post graduate work permit.

what would be the correct link for it on cic. i am getting confused in the website.

i don't want to get my work extension getting rejected, to my knowledge extend the work work permit while
you are waiting a decision for your pr application is different from regular work permit.

Bro, it is called Bridging Open Wok Permit (BOWP) ....

here is the link...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.0.html

hope this helps...

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once we received AOR is it not possible to extend the WP (for eg ICT) through normal extension process?
Is BOWP the only way to retain our work/stay in Canada?

neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tom_brave said:
Once we received AOR is it not possible to extend the WP (for eg ICT) through normal extension process?
Is BOWP the only way to retain our work/stay in Canada?
Not sure about ICT but as long as you have an AOR and your current work permit is expiring within 4 months, for me, it is best to apply the BOWP (open work permit) as it gives you freedom in choosing any employer, except of course for the jobs that are regulated.

flapmyp

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
bowp is the best option , i just got approved today n i applied on last saturday. u dont need any letter from employer ..

cinderella

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
Med's Request
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
05-05-2014
sanjchip said:
Hello,

Bridging Open Work Permit is the best option for you to be able
to maintain your status while PR application in ongoing if you want to stay in Canada.
. And with that you can work anywhere, it's not restricted.

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah I know BOWP is the best option. I was trying to understand is that the only option.

One more question, once my BOWP approved which means my WP status changed from ICT to Open WP... would my current employer notified about this by cic? In case if I don't want my current employer know about this change?

sanjchip

Apr 8, 2014
flapmyp said:
bowp is the best option , i just got approved today n i applied on last saturday. u dont need any letter from employer ..
Hey, did you do it online? I tried to, but it keeps on saying I need a lmo, I thought having the AOR was enough... :eek:

flapmyp

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
sanjchip said:
Hey, did you do it online? I tried to, but it keeps on saying I need a lmo, I thought having the AOR was enough... :eek:
u dont need any LMO, leave that option blank.

sumeetkarora

Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2013
Doc's Request.
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2014
LANDED..........
09-08-2014
Your current employer will not get a notification of an Open WP issued to you.

tom_brave said:
Yeah I know BOWP is the best option. I was trying to understand is that the only option.

One more question, once my BOWP approved which means my WP status changed from ICT to Open WP... would my current employer notified about this by cic? In case if I don't want my current employer know about this change?

Yosh

Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
13-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with applicaption
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
flapmyp said:
Don't we need a work contract...? Or we don't?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Yosh said:
Don't we need a work contract...? Or we don't?
No, you don't need any work contract. What you need is AOR and also you have to fulfill other requirements (like still valid work permit which validity is not more than 4 months).

mahuro

May 12, 2014
Hi All I hope you coan help me,

I have an AOR and am applying for my OWP ....using the IMM5710E for ...my questions is ...does my wife also need to fill this form out to acquire her OWP ? ( I guess answer is yes, but just checking ...)

Also in the form I am leaving the name of employer and address as N/A ..as it is open work permit ... is that correct ?

Many thanks !

Mahuro.