+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to extend the validity of the landing visa

ttt777

May 29, 2017
I would really appreciate your valuable advice about the following issue.

After more than 20 months of waiting, we have been asked to send the passports to the Embassy. When our medical was approved a few weeks ago, its validity was extended to 7 May 2019, which means this will be the expiry date of our visas.

We have 3 children who need to finish the school year, and I myself need to give resignation notice in January and leave in July, so how can we convince the concerned Canadian authorities
- either to extend the validity of the medicals (and consequently the visa) to July 2019
- or allow us to re-do the medicals so that the visa validity is extended accordingly.

Please note that CIC did not cooperate, and suggested soft landing which is a very bad option for many

Best Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Soft landing is your only option. Otherwise the principal applicant can land and sponsor your family again and be separated for a year. Some families have weeks or a month to land so you are luckier then others and at least have some time to wrap up your life. You are in for many more challenges. You will have difficulty getting a teaching job without Canadian credentials and although we are lucky to have access to healthcare there are long waits, a lot of things re not covered and depending on how disabled your son is there are very few services after age 21. Would plan to have to shoulder quite a lo of medical costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: jddd

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I would really appreciate your valuable advice about the following issue.

After more than 20 months of waiting, we have been asked to send the passports to the Embassy. When our medical was approved a few weeks ago, its validity was extended to 7 May 2019, which means this will be the expiry date of our visas.

We have 3 children who need to finish the school year, and I myself need to give resignation notice in January and leave in July, so how can we convince the concerned Canadian authorities
- either to extend the validity of the medicals (and consequently the visa) to July 2019
- or allow us to re-do the medicals so that the visa validity is extended accordingly.

Please note that CIC did not cooperate, and suggested soft landing which is a very bad option for many

Best Regards
Extensions are only granted in extreme circumstances, such as a medical issue preventing travel. Pregnancy is also sometimes accepted as an extension reason. Other than that, use it or lose it.

Reactions: foodie69

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
You wont get a visa extension. Cic will ask you to surrender visas and apoly at a suitable time again. Its best to soft land. You can pick a weekend to labd and be back as the working week starts.