+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to extend PGSWP due to passport expiry??

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was given 15 months-ish due to passport expiry, entitled to 3 years(36 months).

Can someone please link a reliable way to do this extension online? I have a few months left until it expires.

I tried to flagpole and do the extension, but they did not allow it and said they only do new PGSWP. However I have seen other people say flagpoling would work if its a very short amount of time left, i.e. desperate and they may do it - i'd rather not wait so last minute and add that stress.

So, aside from the paper-based method, is there an online method available??

THANK YOU

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
You will have to apply again at Vegreville office

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SCC said:
You will have to apply again at Vegreville office
I initially received my PGSWP via flagpoling.

Is there really no way to do this online to extend for the extra time i'm entitled to? Seems silly to have to do it via paper..

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
Apply for the extension online through MyCIC account

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SCC said:
Apply for the extension online through MyCIC account
The online questionnaire doesn't seem to have a suitable answer pathway for getting to that point...

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
ravdawg said:
The online questionnaire doesn't seem to have a suitable answer pathway for getting to that point...

- Answer all the "Come to Canada" tool questions, as you were applying for the PGWP first time.
- The reason being, these questions are just there for reference only. What matters is the checklist generated afterwards. (See my explanation at the bottom)
- In checklist, you will have an option for LOE (Letter of Explanation).
- In LOE section, upload a letter in PDF, explaining:
- Why you were given 15 months of PGWP?
- That your current PGWP work permit has a Remark "DOCUMENT ISSUED TO PASSPORT EXPIRY DATE; MUST BE RENEWED FOR FURTHER EXTENSIONS. DVM/QRC"
- You would like to request a work permit until XX/YY/ZZZZ date (This should be the date, when you complete 3 year).
- Once your MyCIC request has been processed, you will see your online application as closed.
- At this time, you will get your work permit via Canada Post from Vegreville office.

When you answers questions via "Come to Canada" tool, following note will appear at the bottom:

Important: This information is for reference only and no immigration decision will be made based on your answers. If you choose to apply, your application will be considered by an immigration officer in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, without regard to any outcome you attain through this questionnaire