+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW to Extend OWP permit in Rural Area withou NoC 0AB job opportunites

LexusNCanada

Sep 6, 2019
hi guys!

I am an internationla student studying in the northern part of Ontario or should I say in a Rural part of Ontario together with my husband who is under an Open Work Permit: I only take 1 year post graduate certificate prgram and will be applying for PGWP anytime soon. The thing is, here in the rural area, there is no job for NOC 0AB since its rural and my husband's open work permit is also expiring. When I apply to extend his open work permit visa, would the IRCC consider the fact that theres no such job as NOC 0AB in this area and just extend my husband OWP instead since Im gonna apply for PGWP as well? Do you know someone fortunately approved for OWP extension with NOC CD job fot the primary applicant/student?

Thanks for your answer.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, as far as I know there is no such exemption for rural areas. You can always move to somewhere that has more jobs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi guys!

I am an internationla student studying in the northern part of Ontario or should I say in a Rural part of Ontario together with my husband who is under an Open Work Permit: I only take 1 year post graduate certificate prgram and will be applying for PGWP anytime soon. The thing is, here in the rural area, there is no job for NOC 0AB since its rural and my husband's open work permit is also expiring. When I apply to extend his open work permit visa, would the IRCC consider the fact that theres no such job as NOC 0AB in this area and just extend my husband OWP instead since Im gonna apply for PGWP as well? Do you know someone fortunately approved for OWP extension with NOC CD job fot the primary applicant/student?

Thanks for your answer.
There are no exceptions. In order for your husband's work permit to be extended, you must be working in a NOC A, B or 0 role. IRCC will not take where you are living into consideration.

No - there are no examples of individuals who have been approved where the spouse holds a NOC C or D role.

You'll have to consider moving if there are really no A/B/0 jobs available.