+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to extend or increase biometric

Sheri86

Aug 18, 2021
Hello Friends,

I have submitted our parents' visit visa application for renewal purposes via GC key method to see their children and grandchildren. They had done their biometrics in the past, but their biometric validity duration is short. But there is no option how to increase validity in the online application via GC key method. In order to increase the validity of biometrics my parents answered biometrics questions at the start of the application that they have not done before. But this option is also available in the new IRCC portal. And I did not submit the visit visa applications via the new IRCC portal because there is a low size capacity to upload the documents etc. to fully demonstrate our application.

I have already paid the fees for biometrics fees (170 CAD for both new applications) plus application fees (200 CAD for both new applications) too. So, I am waiting for the biometric letters from the visa officer for both of my parents to give fresh or new biometrics and increase our validity duration.

But in the online account where the application is submitted, it says there is no need for biometrics because it is still valid. Did you go through the same way that I am moving to increase validity? Please guide me on what to do next to increase the validity.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
If you have said NO to the biometric question while applying, paid money, how and where did it pick the old biometric info,from ?

Biometric information is valid for 10 years. In this time you can apply for visa multiple times using the same info. Biometric validity, has nothing to do with visa decision or processing. Your visa will be processed with the existing biometric. Once the validity expires and when you once again apply for visa you will be required to provide biometric.

Sheri86

Aug 18, 2021
If you have said NO to the biometric question while applying, paid money, how and where did it pick the old biometric info,from ?

Biometric information is valid for 10 years. In this time you can apply for visa multiple times using the same info. Biometric validity, has nothing to do with visa decision or processing. Your visa will be processed with the existing biometric. Once the validity expires and when you once again apply for visa you will be required to provide biometric.
In application form i mentioned UCI number and then validated too. I think SYSTEM could pick uci number from application form or barcodes or from their personal information like full name and date of birth etc. System is so smart.

In order to get 10 year validity duration of visit visa for my parents i paid the fees for biometric to incease the validity upto 10 years. Because my parents has passports which has validity upto 10 year. So i did not want to take a little risk for 10 year visa validity. I think visa validity depends upon expiry of passport and expiry of biometrics.
So i tried like this way.

Usually how many days it should be taken to send biometric letter after application submission?

TrvApp4322

Apr 12, 2023
H

Hi I am curious if you were able to solve this. We are the same boat as you.

Fahad Rajput

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Hyderabad,Sindh
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In application form i mentioned UCI number and then validated too. I think SYSTEM could pick uci number from application form or barcodes or from their personal information like full name and date of birth etc. System is so smart.

In order to get 10 year validity duration of visit visa for my parents i paid the fees for biometric to incease the validity upto 10 years. Because my parents has passports which has validity upto 10 year. So i did not want to take a little risk for 10 year visa validity. I think visa validity depends upon expiry of passport and expiry of biometrics.
So i tried like this way.

Usually how many days it should be taken to send biometric letter after application submission?
i saw your previous posts did you get the letter of biometric for your parents ?