+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO EXTEND MY STAY IN CANADA ONLINE!

JerseyGirl1985

Sep 26, 2014
HELLO! I HAVE COMPLETED MY FORMS TO EXTEND MY STAY HERE IN CANADA AS A VISITOR BUT I DO NOT SEE HOW TO APPLY ONLINE, EVERY LINK I CLICK ON TO APPLY LEADS ME TO PAGES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH APPLYING. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? IS THE ONLY WAY TO EXTEND YOUR STAY BY MAILING IN YOUR APPLICATION????? HELP! THANK YOU!

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
if you want to appy online to extend your stay in canada, these are the steps:-

YOU CAN START FROM HERE: cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp

First determine your eligibility to apply online (cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp)
step 1: Fill out the complete questionnaire
Step 2: on the completion of step 1 you will get a CODE, Write it down on a paper
step 3: create a Mycic account using the above CODE ( following the instructions while creating account)
step 4: Based on your questionnaire you answered in step 1, your Mycic account will automatically be consisting the application forms which you have to submit ( download them)
step 5: upload all the forms,your photo and documents and pay your fee in your Mycic account
Step 6: once everything completed Submit your application for processing.

-uploading supporting documents: scan them all, paste them in a word document file and upload them.
-After submitting wait for the outcome, they will notify about any updates in your Mycic account by sending you an email.
-Applying online will save your time as paper applications have longer processing times.

Hope it helps.

JerseyGirl1985

Sep 26, 2014
Hey! Thank you SO much, very helpful!! I did all that and I noticed it requests a digital photo to be submitted but on the check list to extend my stay it didnt say I needed a photo other than my passport of course. Can I just take a picture with my phone and upload that? Also, what is this photo for, just for my profile or for my application also? Not sure if you know about that but if you do feel free to enlighten me! Thank you again :)

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JerseyGirl1985 said:
Hey! Thank you SO much, very helpful!! I did all that and I noticed it requests a digital photo to be submitted but on the check list to extend my stay it didnt say I needed a photo other than my passport of course. Can I just take a picture with my phone and upload that? Also, what is this photo for, just for my profile or for my application also? Not sure if you know about that but if you do feel free to enlighten me! Thank you again :)
Its a normal procedure to include a passport photograph with any application. And yes you can take a passport photograph with your phone and upload it, alternatively if you have a passport photograph you can scan it and upload it as well

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
JerseyGirl1985 said:
The photo they requested is equally important as all other documents are in order to process your application. they have mentioned the required dimension, resolution and file format etc.. so it is always better to meet all the requirements to avoid any delays in the processing of your application.
you can upload a picture taken from your phone as far it meets the requirements. if it doesn't they will ask you to upload new photo of yours which will result in delay of processing. so better to get a original photo from a studio.(investing 7-8 dollars and 10 minutes might save you from delays)
Note: you can check the photo requirements by clicking on the -?- next to where they have asked to upload the photo

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
I had my photo taken at a passport studio, it cost around $11.00. I went to Shoppers Drug Mart (in Canada) photo studio. If you are in the states you can go to any place that takes passport photos, it doesn't have to be an expensive studio. example, Walgreens, Walmart, etc... I brought the required dimensions to the studio and she had a template that she used to cut it down to the correct size. Then I scanned my photo and attached the file with my online application.

I hope this helps!

Bingoye

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
I seemed to have missed one or two steps. I did got the code, but I was not asked to use it when I signed in.
However, I have completed to upload all documents, but could not find the step to submit them!
Could you kindly give me some suggestions?

Thank you.

if you want to appy online to extend your stay in canada, these are the steps:-

YOU CAN START FROM HERE: cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp

First determine your eligibility to apply online (cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp)
step 1: Fill out the complete questionnaire
Step 2: on the completion of step 1 you will get a CODE, Write it down on a paper
step 3: create a Mycic account using the above CODE ( following the instructions while creating account)
step 4: Based on your questionnaire you answered in step 1, your Mycic account will automatically be consisting the application forms which you have to submit ( download them)
step 5: upload all the forms,your photo and documents and pay your fee in your Mycic account
Step 6: once everything completed Submit your application for processing.

-uploading supporting documents: scan them all, paste them in a word document file and upload them.
-After submitting wait for the outcome, they will notify about any updates in your Mycic account by sending you an email.
-Applying online will save your time as paper applications have longer processing times.

Hope it helps.