+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to expedite Job hunt process?

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does this mean, employers won't contact foreign skilled people who are outside Canada ?

That, we need to get a;

(1) visit visa
(2) temporary work permit
(3) TFW permit
(4) or some sort of temporary work visa

to get into Canada to reach employers inside Canada, communicate with them (via email or phone with Canadian cell number or address) before we'll actually get an interview call or a job, with which we could apply for PR or PNP or LMIA later on ?

If this is true, then applying from outside Canada seems to be a "never going to work thing" ?

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
aravindkumarh said:
Yes yes. The employer went through my LinkedIN profile. Interviewed me in skype. And the employer was OK to sponsor work permit first. I did not take up the offer though as the pay was low. As a married guy with a child, I had to think through.

Personal stories aside, my point is keep trying. Sending in resumes with cover letter and applying through job sites, applying through LinkedIN, try cold calling companies and recruitment agencies. Something might work out. stay positive :)
Oh great..u r the first success story i heard abt :p

aravindkumarh

Jan 3, 2015
hariskhan said:
Does this mean, employers won't contact foreign skilled people who are outside Canada ?

That, we need to get a;

(1) visit visa
(2) temporary work permit
(3) TFW permit
(4) or some sort of temporary work visa

to get into Canada to reach employers inside Canada, communicate with them (via email or phone with Canadian cell number or address) before we'll actually get an interview call or a job, with which we could apply for PR or PNP or LMIA later on ?

If this is true, then applying from outside Canada seems to be a "never going to work thing" ?
When I called, one of the recruitment agency said this. "No employer will have a position open for few months and wait for the foreigner to get a work permit and then relocate, settle down and join. They will prefer who is readily available for the job. So unless you're already in Canada or your PR has been approved, I don't think its easy for you to find a job. But there are few companies/agencies who hires foreign workers so keep trying"

Speaking of that, I am not sure how long does it take to get a work permit with a valid job offer and LMIA.

Also I have been joking around with friends here "To get a PR ITA, need a job offer and to get a job offer they are asking for PR".. Seems like an infinite cycle. haha

JamesMilla

Dec 27, 2014
aravindkumarh said:
Refer to my previous entry. Apart from sending resume, cover letter and Express entry details, I try cold calling.

And LinkedIN is a potential job hunt source as well. I received an interview call from Quebec for which I applied through LinkedIN.
Many people do not understand the power of LinkedIn, try joining industry groups and participate in discussions so that people notice you.