+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to enter combination of Part-Time & Full-Time work in EE profile?

grinchmas88

May 25, 2022
Hello!

I'm trying to complete my express entry profile. I've calculated all my total hours and I meet the minimum threshold but I'm confused about how to enter those hours in making my EE profile.

I've worked full time with Org A from May-December. 34 FTE
From Jan-May: I've worked part time, with differing times each week, in the equivalent of 19 FTE weeks

The total is 53 FTE weeks.

How do I enter this in my express entry profile? It is the same job and same og, but the change is from full-time to part-time status. Do I make two separate entries in the work experience section? Or do I make just 1 and then I'll have to explain it later if I get ITA about the change in status with timesheets presented from work?

Since they ask for Job, date, and hours per week for the profile, do I just say May 2021-June 2022, calculate my total hours, and divide by 60 weeks to get the "average" hours worked per week and enter that into the profile under one job experience?

TIA!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello!

I'm trying to complete my express entry profile. I've calculated all my total hours and I meet the minimum threshold but I'm confused about how to enter those hours in making my EE profile.

I've worked full time with Org A from May-December. 34 FTE
From Jan-May: I've worked part time, with differing times each week, in the equivalent of 19 FTE weeks

The total is 53 FTE weeks.

How do I enter this in my express entry profile? It is the same job and same og, but the change is from full-time to part-time status. Do I make two separate entries in the work experience section? Or do I make just 1 and then I'll have to explain it later if I get ITA about the change in status with timesheets presented from work?

TIA!
I don’t see one year of continuous full time employment in your information. Your part time employment is 19 weeks part time, not full time. You would need twice that to count.

Your skilled work experience must be

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Last edited:

grinchmas88

May 25, 2022
I don’t see one year of continuous full time employment in your information. Your part time employment is 19 weeks part time, not full time. You would need twice that to count.
No, I've worked more 19 weeks, but in different amounts. Some weeks above 30, some weeks below 30 hours. The total "equivalent" is 19FTE weeks, even though it isn't consistently 30 hours every week. I've worked 576 hours in 19 weeks in total, which comes out to 19 Full Time Equivalent Weeks.

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
No, I've worked more 19 weeks, but in different amounts. Some weeks above 30, some weeks below 30 hours. The total "equivalent" is 19FTE weeks, even though it isn't consistently 30 hours every week. I've worked 576 hours in 19 weeks in total, which comes out to 19 Full Time Equivalent Weeks.
I'm in the same boat at present. started full time with an employer and then went shifted to part time. how do i apply this on my EE profile? can you please share what you did thank you

JjboyRd

Jan 20, 2024
Same situation I missed 2 months without work I’m currently working but not with direct employment I don’t even know what to do

asa26

Jan 23, 2024

Your skilled work experience must be

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Hi when filling up the information about work history on EE profile

COMPANY XYZ
Sept 2021-December 2021
- Working part time while on Co-op program (Should I answer "yes" on the questions studying full time)
Jan 2022- March 2022 - Working 30 hrs per week while on co-op program ( Should I answer "No" on the questions studying full time)

COMPANY 123
March 2022-May 2023 -
Working while on a post grad program (Should I answer "yes" on the questions studying full time)
May 2023-Current - Working under PGWP ( Should I answer "No" on the questions studying full time)

These are my work timeline, my question is, should I add each job separately stating while studying and not studying?

Last edited: