+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to do biometric collection (finger print) under COVID-19 season?

t1zxz003

Dec 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

I live in the US right now. I received a letter saying I need to get my biometrics collected (finger print collection) and I only have 3 months to do so.

At this moment most of the immigration offices are closed due to the COVID-19. What should I do and where should I go for fingerprint collection? I only have 3 months but I am not sure if the COVID-19 thing will be over after next 3 months.

Anyone had experience with this?

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
"All biometrics appointments in Canada and the United States (Application Support Center) are cancelled until further notice

You’ll have to make a new appointment at a Service Canada office or a U.S. Application Support Center (ASC) when they start collecting biometrics again.

Walk-in biometrics collection is not available at any Service Canada office or ASC. Check the ASC page for updates on closures.

You now automatically have 90 days (instead of 30) to submit your biometrics. You don’t need to request this extension."

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

t1zxz003

Dec 9, 2019
"All biometrics appointments in Canada and the United States (Application Support Center) are cancelled until further notice

You’ll have to make a new appointment at a Service Canada office or a U.S. Application Support Center (ASC) when they start collecting biometrics again.

Walk-in biometrics collection is not available at any Service Canada office or ASC. Check the ASC page for updates on closures.

You now automatically have 90 days (instead of 30) to submit your biometrics. You don’t need to request this extension."

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

hi thanks for reply.

The problem is I do not know if after 90 days any of those service center will be open.....