MeduLink

Dec 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
00-08-2016
Hi,

I recently got a new job in my career path and my focuses in the job are very niche and are in a certain segment of finance and capital markets. I searched thoroughly within the NOC 2021 database and couldn't find anything that would be a match, so I chose the closest possible I could find in my PR profile, which is "11101 – Financial and investment analysts". my job title is Analyst and I work in the Index Management Equity department. What could happen to me? should I just not add the job to my profile?

I know it's a lot to ask and I know it might not be any help but here is my job description and my roles, im getting a little desperate! It states clearly in the letter that I need bachelors degree in finance:
• Ensuring and supervising index calculations on a daily basis
• Verifying and evaluating CAs and their adjustments in the indices
• Screening equity corporate actions
• Coordinating the handling of CAs and communicating index adjustments closely with our clients
• Being a key contact handling client inquiries and communicating with data vendors, stock exchanges, distributors and investor relations
• Contributing to the development of our index-calculation engine through planning, specification and testing of new features
• Optimizing and automating existing internal processes (e.g. by settingupandtransitioningworkflowsandtasks)
• Collaborating with our global teams in Canada, Hong Kong and Germany to ensure a 24/7 support infrastructure

Any and all helps are appreciated

Edit: If I really need to I can see a lawyer but my budget is not that much. do you have any idea who I can see for this issue?

Donnaedwards

Feb 13, 2023
I am not sure but I would like to suggest you that make sure this things once.
Go to the NOC website, choose version NOC 2021 Version 1.0, and search for your NOC using the title or numeric code.
Make sure the main duties listed match what you did at your job.
If they don't, you'll need to find a different job title with duties that match yours.
Try once if this works. Skyward Alpine District

Last edited:

MeduLink

Dec 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
00-08-2016
I am not sure but I would like to suggest you that make sure this things once.
Go to the NOC website, choose version NOC 2021 Version 1.0, and search for your NOC using the title or numeric code.
Make sure the main duties listed match what you did at your job.
If they don't, you'll need to find a different job title with duties that match yours.
Try once if this works. Skyward Alpine District
I did, the issue is that my job has a niche and specific focus in a branch of finance and the NOC classification doesn't have anything that matches it (I checked vigorously!). What do I do when none of the jobs on the NOC table match my job?