End of April and End of May
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
Hi,

Can someone tell me what's the process to delete my account?

I have personal reason to do so. I might open a new one in the future but I whish to close this one.

Thank you

Jamway 17

Apr 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Passport Req..
In Jesus name soon
did you find out?? I have navigated everywhere and cannot find this option

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
End of April and End of May
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
Seems there's no way

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
What the Flux. .. Why this profane rule tho!!!
Because if an account is deleted, it will damage the context of any replies to the posts of the account. It makes perfect sense. Anything posted here is now effectively in the public domain. Don't like it, don't post...

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Can someone tell me what's the process to delete my account?
I have personal reason to do so. I might open a new one in the future but I wish to close this one.
Everyone should have the option to delete its personal information, meaning any account associated with it. In Europe where privacy is taken seriously its an obligation for the data controller. Google, Facebook and some other big US companies have come to understand this, because of the hefty fines in place now. Canada should not be that far behind hopefully.

On the Privacy Policy of this website it is stated "You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data. "

So you can try to contact them in that webform and the Website Admin should delete your account. If they don't, you can raise the issue to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or the Commissioner of whatever province this business falls into.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Everyone should have the option to delete its personal information, meaning any account associated with it. In Europe where privacy is taken seriously its an obligation for the data controller. Google, Facebook and some other big US companies have come to understand this, because of the hefty fines in place now. Canada should not be that far behind hopefully.

On the Privacy Policy of this website it is stated "You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data. "

So you can try to contact them in that webform and the Website Admin should delete your account. If they don't, you can raise the issue to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or the Commissioner of whatever province this business falls into.
Its irrelevant to quote other areas of the world’s privacy policy

ospiratas

May 22, 2020
Its irrelevant to quote other areas of the world’s privacy policy
It may be irrelevant to you, but not to the forum nor to the people from other countries.

For instance, given that the forum is reachable from the EU, it has to comply with the GDPR if it qualifies in the rules of the law.

There is a modern trend on forums and websites of collaborative nature to think they own the data from the users. Do you prefer control over your own data and transparency or you prefer your data to be freely collected and sold without you having the power to do anything to stop it?

Sure, you may still think it's irrelevant. It's your right. But some of us care about privacy, and understand how these kind of protections are important.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014