+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to convince visa officer that I'll come to Canada to study and will return home after I graduate

bp8492

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi, I'm preparing my study permit application as I have been accepted for Fall 2019 entry.

However, I have read that many international students have been denied their study permit on the grounds that they will not return to their home country. This really worries me.

How do I convince the visa officer that I'll come to Canada as a student?

As for my background,
I currently have a stable job with a stable income and my immediate family members are parents and sibling with whom I am very close.
The reason I chose Canada is because some of its universities have a program that could help me with my career growth and I will go back to my country to earn a higher level job.
As for the source of funds, my parents will support me on this.

With the above profile, how would I explain them in my letter of explanation as I don't have any other things to mention such as properties like house as I am still living with my parents?

Please provide me some tips.

Thanks in advance.

ElenaEagleEye

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hi, I'm preparing my study permit application as I have been accepted for Fall 2019 entry.

However, I have read that many international students have been denied their study permit on the grounds that they will not return to their home country. This really worries me.

How do I convince the visa officer that I'll come to Canada as a student?

As for my background,
I currently have a stable job with a stable income and my immediate family members are parents and sibling with whom I am very close.
The reason I chose Canada is because some of its universities have a program that could help me with my career growth and I will go back to my country to earn a higher level job.
As for the source of funds, my parents will support me on this.

With the above profile, how would I explain them in my letter of explanation as I don't have any other things to mention such as properties like house as I am still living with my parents?

Please provide me some tips.

Thanks in advance.
Try to get a letter from your employeer, guaranteeing that you will return to your position once you complete your studies.

bp8492

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Try to get a letter from your employeer, guaranteeing that you will return to your position once you complete your studies.
What about payslips and letter from my employer which states that I have been made a permanent member due to satisfactory performance?

ElenaEagleEye

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
What about payslips and letter from my employer which states that I have been made a permanent member due to satisfactory performance?
That will work, just make sure he adds in his recommendation that he is welling to take you back after your studies!

Reactions: bp8492

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Do we have to submit this letter for a study permit extension also as I am currently studying in Canada and am planning on doing one more year of post graduate certificate therefore will be applying for the extension.Thanks