+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to convert dependent visa to primary visa Canada

rajanayak

May 3, 2022
Currently, I am working in Canada with a dependent work permit. My wife is a primary visa holder, She moved from India to Canada with an Intra Company Work Permit Visa.

How can I move my visa status from a dependent work permit to a primary Visa holder?

If possible, what are options I can explore?

NB: We both working in two different software companies.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Currently, I am working in Canada with a dependent work permit. My wife is a primary visa holder, She moved from India to Canada with an Intra Company Work Permit Visa.

How can I move my visa status from a dependent work permit to a primary Visa holder?

Your employer would need to get an approved LMIA so that you can switch to a closed work permit.

Reactions: rajanayak

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How can do I apply the LMIA Entry system,,,??
You apply for a closed work permit, once your Canadian employers receives the LMIA. You don’t apply for a LMIA, your employer does. Then when you have LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit.

Are you referring to Express Entry to immigrate based on age, education, experience and language? You need to be eligible and then have a high score to be invited.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Why are you looking to change your permit? This will provide more information about what is possible. The government has recently taken steps to prevent partners from flipping between being primary applicant and dependent applicant to extend their stay.

rajanayak

May 3, 2022
Why are you looking to change your permit? This will provide more information about what is possible. The government has recently taken steps to prevent partners from flipping between being primary applicant and dependent applicant to extend their stay.
Is it
we are planning to start family planning, since she is the primary applicant, we are afraid, her company might force her to bring back to India if she asks for the maternity benefit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.