+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to contact immigration office.

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hello frnds?
Anyone knows is there any number to contact ottawa immigration office ?

Pls let me know ?
If you are abroad, you should call to +1-613-944-4000. Calling this will reach to global affairs Canada. but unfortunately they are not taking any more calls from abroad which are seeking enquiry about visa, study permit etc. I tried calling them and it ended up disconnection. You may try calling and check this out.

If you are in Canada, you should call to +1-888-242-2100. You will be able to easily reach to IRCC directly and ask your queries on your application.

If you are abroad but you still want call to above number (+1-888-242-2100), you should install textnow software link here. I was helped by a fellow member in this forum to use this software in android or iphone. Download this software in your phone and install it.
https://androidapksfree.com/textnow-free-text-calls/com-enflick-android-textnow/ Once you install it, you should turn off your location mode in your mobile, and choose the don't use my location option in the beginning and provide this area code number 613 in the area code option. 613 is the area code of IRCC in Ottawa. When done with this, you will get few textnow numbers with one of which you would able to call IRCC.

I tried installing it, but it doesn't work for me due to latest version of android. You may try installing it if you have android older versions I think.
Give a try and see if it works.

jaskaranskhn

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
If you are abroad, you should call to +1-613-944-4000. Calling this will reach to global affairs Canada. but unfortunately they are not taking any more calls from abroad which are seeking enquiry about visa, study permit etc. I tried calling them and it ended up disconnection. You may try calling and check this out.

If you are in Canada, you should call to +1-888-242-2100. You will be able to easily reach to IRCC directly and ask your queries on your application.

If you are abroad but you still want call to above number (+1-888-242-2100), you should install textnow software link here. I was helped by a fellow member in this forum to use this software in android or iphone. Download this software in your phone and install it.
https://androidapksfree.com/textnow-free-text-calls/com-enflick-android-textnow/ Once you install it, you should turn off your location mode in your mobile, and choose the don't use my location option in the beginning and provide this area code number 613 in the area code option. 613 is the area code of IRCC in Ottawa. When done with this, you will get few textnow numbers with one of which you would able to call IRCC.

I tried installing it, but it doesn't work for me due to latest version of android. You may try installing it if you have android older versions I think.
Is this possible if one of my frnds call thm on the behalf of me from canada ?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Is this possible if one of my frnds call thm on the behalf of me from canada ?
You can give a try. But, I heard they would don't answer if it is not the applicant itself talking. I read somewhere here that you should give an authorisation letter to IRCC that you are authorising this person/friend in Canada to share the information of your application with him/her.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
This is what I did to contact IRCC and sharing few tips and tricks so that you will be able to talk to an agent without long wait time. Also, do note that if your application is processed outside Canada then agents will not help you or provide any information and simply say that you need to contact local office.

1. Call Center is opened from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM in Local Timezone. Canada has 6 timezones. So if your phone is from BC then 8:00 AM in BC will be 11:00 AM in Ontario. Therefore follow the timezone that your phone number belongs to.
2. Buy a virtual phone no. You can buy Virtual phone no from any sites, there are many. I used Callhippo, this is quite expensive but many cheaper providers are there.
3. Register in Skype. Take the unlimited call subscription to Canada. It would only cost around 2 CAD.
4. Use the Virtual phone no in Skype to make unlimited calls.
5. Set up Caller ID in Skype. If you don't set up the caller ID, the pH no may get blocked. So don't forget to do this part.
6. Try to Call in morning hours around 8:15 or 8:30, call will directly go their without any wait time.
7. Do not take virtual phone no which is from Ontario, the wait time is tremendous. Instead get the no from smaller provinces and you will not face too much of wait time.

I got my virtual phone no from new Brunswick and I called 4 time without any waiting time. I generally try to call them when clock hits 8:15 am in New Brunswick.

Contact No
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Is anyone having a much luck getting through to an agent? I've been trying for the past half hour but I am getting the high volume of calls/unable to connect message each time.

jhoncarter

Jul 5, 2022

https://youtech.ooo/textnow-mod-apk/ Once you install it, you should turn off your location mode in your mobile, and choose the don't use my location option in the beginning and provide this area code number 613 in the area code option. 613 is the area code of IRCC in Ottawa. When done with this, you will get few textnow numbers with one of which you would able to call IRCC.