Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Hello every,

I need an update on my email but when I called CIC today , it said that they wont be taking any call in a while ... I am wondering how can I contact them and update my email ?

Thank you

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Also ... I haven't received any AOR yet so I dont have any account created

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
If you're looking to update your email address, wait until you have AOR and then use eCAS to change your contact info. If you don't have access to the email address you supplied on the application, just check eCAS periodically to see if you have AOR, as the notification will likely come via email. If you didn't supply an email address on the application and you wanted to add it, you should get notification via regular mail for AOR.

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
If you're looking to update your email address, wait until you have AOR and then use eCAS to change your contact info. If you don't have access to the email address you supplied on the application, just check eCAS periodically to see if you have AOR, as the notification will likely come via email. If you didn't supply an email address on the application and you wanted to add it, you should get notification via regular mail for AOR.
Thank you for your reply

Unfortunately , i dont have eCAS for citizenship application. So my whole application is on paper at the moment and I am expecting if I get an AOR then I will have an account on eCAS. I tried checking the On-line services and it said "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided" .. I assuming it's because they haven't processed it yet ...

Is there a number that I can contact to to talk about this besides the CIC phone operators ?

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Thank you for your reply

Unfortunately , i dont have eCAS for citizenship application. So my whole application is on paper at the moment and I am expecting if I get an AOR then I will have an account on eCAS. I tried checking the On-line services and it said "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided" .. I assuming it's because they haven't processed it yet ...

Is there a number that I can contact to to talk about this besides the CIC phone operators ?
Yes, you are getting that reply because they haven't issued your AOR yet. As @sns204 said above, you will not be able to give CIC another email until they have your application in the system (so, after they send you AOR).

When did you send your application? Keep checking ECAS consistently until you are in the system, at which point you can update your contact information online OR call them and update.

No, there are no other numbers to contact CIC. Try and call first thing in the morning when the call centre opens, it's usually easier to get on a queue, but expect to wait for a loooooooong time.

I hope this helps!