+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to communicate with embassy regarding GSS entry

khawasli

Jun 9, 2018
Hi,
I applied for a temporary work permit in Canada through my company (internal transfer). Meaning my company is international and has a Branch in Toronto and I got a job offer from Toronto. My application was submitted on the 1st of Feb 2018 as a GSS (Global Skill Strategy) which should finish in 2 weeks and it's been 5 months so far. They are not responding to the online case specific enquery, email or physical letter submitted to the embassy.
Can anyone please guide me on what needs to be done? Is it normal for a 2 week application to take more than 5 months?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I applied for a temporary work permit in Canada through my company (internal transfer). Meaning my company is international and has a Branch in Toronto and I got a job offer from Toronto. My application was submitted on the 1st of Feb 2018 as a GSS (Global Skill Strategy) which should finish in 2 weeks and it's been 5 months so far. They are not responding to the online case specific enquery, email or physical letter submitted to the embassy.
Can anyone please guide me on what needs to be done? Is it normal for a 2 week application to take more than 5 months?
It's pretty normal for processing to take a number of months. There's unfortunately nothing you can really do but wait.

khawasli

Jun 9, 2018
It's pretty normal for processing to take a number of months. There's unfortunately nothing you can really do but wait.
I agree but I was puzzled when it stated that GSS takes 2 weeks and it's taking months, I felt that part wasn't normal

rohanpowar

Sep 18, 2018
Mumbai
Hi Khawasli,

Have you received your work permit yet?

My case is similar to yours, however I received my WP in 13 days after it was filed under GSS. My wife's open work permit was also applied for along with my application on 30th of July 2018, however her work permit is still under processing as of today, almost 1.5 months since filing.