Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you apply for legal aid in Ontario, you will need to submit your basis of claim. Legal aid will review your claim to see if it has validity and if your chances of a successful claim is possible. If they feel you have limited chances of success, they will reject your legal aid application and you will need to represent yourself or pay for a lawyer out of pocket.
Agreed. Legal aid is not automatically provided in Ontario for asylum claims.
Not only does your claim have to have merit but you must also meet the financial eligibility criteria.

Last edited:

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
For the last time, if you were working in Pakistan since 2008, what is your basis for asking for Asylum?
iam from pakistan and from minority group and issue happened with me...

@ russ6970 can I inbox you ?? i need help ... i am in canada but not filed yet because some confusion....please can i inbox you?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you do understand that being a foreign national in some country (in your case being from Pakistan in UAE) has really nothing to do with asylum claim. What you need to prove your life is in danger in Pakistan. (just being from a minority group itself is not enough).

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Agreed. Legal aid is not automatically provided in Ontario for asylum claims.
Not only does your claim have to have merit but you must also meet the financial eligibility criteria.
Ok thank you.

but how will they check eligibility of my financial criteria? I am foreign national .. I am not work permit not on PR ... I am seeking asylum .... asylum seeker even does not have enough money to survive...
please clarify...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mmm in my case it wud b easy coz im not in pak im in UAE its bee 6 yrs now
UAE is different from KSA or some other countries in the Middle East. As you have been living in UAE since 6+ years, it could be challenging for you to prove you have grounds to claim asylum.

1. Do you have a valid TRV?
2. What are your grounds for asylum? Do you have evidence to support your claims?

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
When was the last time you were in Pakistan?
i was in Pakistan last month. i had issues with me in this year 2018...but before issues , i also went to USA for visit in 2017 and stayed over there for 5 and half months. when i came back to my country ,after some months i started to face bad situations with me as a minority.. then immediately i came to Canada for filing asylum ...

Sy66798

Jul 3, 2018
If you apply for legal aid in Ontario, you will need to submit your basis of claim. Legal aid will review your claim to see if it has validity and if your chances of a successful claim is possible. If they feel you have limited chances of success, they will reject your legal aid application and you will need to represent yourself or pay for a lawyer out of pocket.
Thnks

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
If you apply for legal aid in Ontario, you will need to submit your basis of claim. Legal aid will review your claim to see if it has validity and if your chances of a successful claim is possible [will they not consider my refugee claimant status which is given by passing eligibility for refugee????]. If they feel you have limited chances of success, they will reject your legal aid application and you will need to represent yourself or pay for a lawyer out of pocket.
How will I be finance assessed in terms of eligibility for legal aid because I ll apply asylum in Ontario province on visit visa?????

If I will be approved for legal aid then legal aid will cover my all 100 % miles stones for refugees ( preparation of BOC , hearing time , appeal division , Judicial review and PRRA etc)?????? please explain milestones wise then i will be thankful. Regards......

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
How will I be finance assessed in terms of eligibility for legal aid because I ll apply asylum in Ontario province on visit visa?????

If I will be approved for legal aid then legal aid will cover my all 100 % miles stones for refugees ( preparation of BOC , hearing time , appeal division , Judicial review and PRRA etc)?????? please explain milestones wise then i will be thankful. Regards......
http://legalaid.on.ca/en/getting/eligibility.asp

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Start here:

Keep in mind, if they feel that your claim will be ineligible or it is refused, legal aid will not take or will drop your case. They have limited resources and won’t waste them.
This. I'm thinking one of the questions may be, how you were able to acquire a visitor's visa if you have no money? One of the main requirements of a TRV is being able to prove one can fund their stay here.

Reactions: Bryanna

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Start here:

Keep in mind, if they feel that your claim will be ineligible (is it same thing/stage when any person goes for eligibility interview for refugee claimant, once it will be done then the give refugee claimant status from TRV?????) or it is refused, legal aid will not take or will drop your case. They have limited resources and won’t waste them.
Please explain me regarding red line question ...wordings is confusing me...

In addition to that I am on TRV now , I donot have source of income now in Canada then how they will assess my financial position? what should I submit to prove me financial position is zero................................regards.....

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Please explain me regarding red line question ...wordings is confusing me...

In addition to that I am on TRV now , I donot have source of income now in Canada then how they will assess my financial position? what should I submit to prove me financial position is zero................................regards.....
how were you able to get a visitor visa if you have 0 money? you will need to use up your savings first. seniors will correct me if i am wrong but i have read the same answer from some before.