+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to claim asylum

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Guys give me some ideas to claim asylum how can i do that please help
From your previous posts it appears you’ve had a job for 5 years. So going from holding a job for 5 years to requesting information on how to claim asylum, is a bit confusing .
Give you some “ ideas” ? , I don’t think people here will give you tips on basically how to game the system.

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
From your previous posts it appears you’ve had a job for 5 years. So going from holding a job for 5 years to requesting information on how to claim asylum, is a bit confusing .
Give you some “ ideas” ? , I don’t think people here will give you tips on basically how to game the system.
Hello dear member,

i also filed case on minority basis. i am also working since 2008 but change my jobs also. so in asylum case it is red flag if asylee is doing job in his /her life??
i have also filed case delay after arrival in canada... will any problem raise in hearing?
and i hired lawyer does he help in hearing? means hiring lawyer is beneficial in hearing?

Thanks...

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hello dear member,

i also filed case on minority basis. i am also working since 2008 but change my jobs also. so in asylum case it is red flag if asylee is doing job in his /her life??
i have also filed case delay after arrival in canada... will any problem raise in hearing?
and i hired lawyer does he help in hearing? means hiring lawyer is beneficial in hearing?

Thanks...
You have been working in Canada since 2008? 10 years

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
You have been working in Canada since 2008? 10 years
Thanks for reply..
No i have been working in Pakistan since 2008 and i want to file refugee case in Saskatchewan canada. is it red flag in my case due to long working history.

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hello dear @russ6970 ...
please response on below questions....

Iam In Saskatchewan province there is no legal aid and want to file my case on legal aid facility..that why i want to move to other province ( ontario) where i can get legal aid.

01) will i get legal aid certificate after submission of my BOC ? if yes then how to discuss OR prepare my case OR BOC with lawyer? if i already submit my BOC for getting legal aid certificate in legal aid office.

because in Canada govt web site of ontario they have mentioned that for getting legal aid i have to submit my BOC.....

02) should i pay fees from my own pocket to discuss my BOC with lawyer at initial step? lawyers get consultation fee and case preparing fees separately?

02) I am also getting late in filing Refugee case ..is there any minus point in my case OR at my hearing?

03) in what steps /phases lawyers help? can you explain it step wise?

you got champion star in this forum... please help me ..

very much thankful..

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
If you have been working since 2008, what is the basis for seeking asylum?
no dear... i was working in Pakistan ......not in Canada ... iam on minority basis in pakistan . on this behalf i want to file.

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
For the last time, if you were working in Pakistan since 2008, what is your basis for asking for Asylum?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Yes ur basis can b political,sexual,humantranian n few more u can check thr conditions on thr site
I know that, but the OP has not said why they are claiming asylum. I find it difficult to believe that if you have held a steady job for 10 years, the claim will be valid.

Sy66798

Jul 3, 2018
I know that, but the OP has not said why they are claiming asylum. I find it difficult to believe that if you have held a steady job for 10 years, the claim will be valid.
Mmm in my case it wud b easy coz im not in pak im in UAE its bee 6 yrs now

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If you apply for legal aid in Ontario, you will need to submit your basis of claim. Legal aid will review your claim to see if it has validity and if your chances of a successful claim is possible. If they feel you have limited chances of success, they will reject your legal aid application and you will need to represent yourself or pay for a lawyer out of pocket.

Reactions: Sy66798 and jddd