+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO CHOOSE JOB TITLE WITH 4DIGITS CATEGORY CODES

FORESIGHT

Aug 27, 2015
Hello House,
I need an urgent help.
My immigration lawyer has just forward a link to me. In the link, there is a long list of Job Titles. He has requested that I pick the one that most suit my years of work experience.
I noticed that a lot of the Job titles fits my over 13years work experience as an Accountant.
--Does the job title I eventually pick matters?
--Is there any job title(s) that can reduce my chances of getting my PR and the opportunity of getting a job in Canada?
I need urgent experienced Advise. Please help. :-\

I thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to pick a four digit code based on your job responsibilities - not your job title. You should pick the NOC/job that most closely matches your job responsibilities. Yes - the four digit code you pick matters for the processing of your application.

annai

Apr 12, 2016
scylla said:
You need to pick a four digit code based on your job responsibilities - not your job title. You should pick the NOC/job that most closely matches your job responsibilities. Yes - the four digit code you pick matters for the processing of your application.
Do you have any checklist that points to how the code is given processed (Is it given a score)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
annai said:
Do you have any checklist that points to how the code is given processed (Is it given a score)?
No - there is no score. But if you pick a NOC that doesn't match your work experience, this can create issues for application processing.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
FORESIGHT said:
Hello House,
I need an urgent help.
My immigration lawyer has just forward a link to me. In the link, there is a long list of Job Titles. He has requested that I pick the one that most suit my years of work experience.
I noticed that a lot of the Job titles fits my over 13years work experience as an Accountant.
--Does the job title I eventually pick matters?
--Is there any job title(s) that can reduce my chances of getting my PR and the opportunity of getting a job in Canada?
I need urgent experienced Advise. Please help. :-\

I thank you.
While selecting the NOC, the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC should be a close match with the actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you at the respective job. You need not match the duties and responsibilities word by word, but the idea is to have the closest match in terms of the spirit of the duties and responsibilities.

Also, NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list. If you are not sure of your NOC, write to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca with your duties and responsibilities, they will help you find the closest fit.

FORESIGHT

Aug 27, 2015
@ Stanlee, I thank you.
I had already forwarded my Resume to the Immigration Lawyer before I got to know of all this, but I am glad that I found a Job title that matches most of the duties I have and currently performing.
Cheers.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
FORESIGHT said:
@ Stanlee, I thank you.
I had already forwarded my Resume to the Immigration Lawyer before I got to know of all this, but I am glad that I found a Job title that matches most of the duties I have and currently performing.
Cheers.
Great. All the best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@Stanlee - A suggestion. You don't have to use that weirdly named e-mail ID. noc@workingincanada.gc.ca works just fine (and its easy to remember :) ).

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
@Stanlee - A suggestion. You don't have to use that weirdly named e-mail ID. noc@workingincanada.gc.ca works just fine (and its easy to remember :) ).
Sure, shall keep a note of it. Thanks Raj :)