+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to check the visa application status

dellite

May 10, 2016
My company has applied for Canada ICT Visa (Managerial role) on 11th May 2016 through my company's attorney, and the attorney gave me a receipt #. Is there anyway i can check with this number on what is the status of my visa.

Also What is the timeline to get the visa (Timeline for approval, Timeline to get the visa stamped).

guyinvisible

May 20, 2016
Where you able to figure out a way to check the status? Which country did you apply from? My employer filed an ICT WP (functional manager) on 05/25 as well and I do not know how to check on my status as well. Can you please keep updating your timeline with any developments so that we can let others know how the timeline has been moving?

dellite

May 10, 2016
I am applying from United States. Where are you applying from? I am also applying for ICT (Functional Manager). Since there was not much of response to my various posts in this forum, i checked with my employer immigration team and they said there is no way to check the application status online and i have to call the CIC and give my receipt number to check the status.
You can only check the processing timelines in general for different visa types applied from different countries and for Work Permit Visa applied from United States, the current timeline is 3 months. I am in a crunch of timeline because my US visa will expire exactly on the end of 3rd month since i applied :(
It has been a month for since I applied, no notifications nothing, just pain times of waiting.
Did your employer tell you any timeline or any process what happens next after filing.

guyinvisible

May 20, 2016
My immigration team applied through CIC New Delhi. They forwarded me a confirmation which has an application number. I did not go back to them since they advised the timeline to be 2 months. Going through other reviews in the forum, I don't think you will have any luck calling them for a status. I will keep you updated if i hear anything.
Good luck and keep me posted as well :)