+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to change address

anupriya2986

Nov 5, 2021
Hi friends,
I received an email from IRCC saying this 'This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.' What looks like an AOR email. My question is: I need to change my address as I have moved to a new place and also am trying to track my application on https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register but it's taking my UCI and Application Number. Am I doing something wrong here? Could someone please help/guide?

ravi777

May 11, 2017
Is there a time lag between receiving AOR and able to update ECAS. I received AOR 4 days ago, but still getting "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:".
I applied online, so could that be an issue?

I am looking to change my address. Thanks.

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Is there a time lag between receiving AOR and able to update ECAS. I received AOR 4 days ago, but still getting "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:".
I applied online, so could that be an issue?

I am looking to change my address. Thanks.
Online applications don't have access to ECAS. Unfortunately, you may have go through the Webform route to submit the address change request

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Online applications don't have access to ECAS. Unfortunately, you may have go through the Webform route to submit the address change request
I am encountering the same problem. I need to change my address and also check the application status. Despite what you said in the AOR letter it directs me to the ECAS page to register and create an account! When I try to create one using my UCI and application number it says "we were not able to identify you based on information provided...". How are we supposed to access our account if we have applied online?

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
I am encountering the same problem. I need to change my address and also check the application status. Despite what you said in the AOR letter it directs me to the ECAS page to register and create an account! When I try to create one using my UCI and application number it says "we were not able to identify you based on information provided...". How are we supposed to access our account if we have applied online?
Did you try the following link to check the status? : https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
You can check the status of your application here. An address change request can be done through ECAS and online applications don't have access
to ECAS. You may have to use the generic webform to change the address

ravi777

May 11, 2017
I sent the webform but no response after that. I was thinking of calling them to check if it went through.