+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to carry the funds? Do we need to carry the amount declared in application?

Nov 26, 2017
I am an indian citizen and have got the COPR and intend to fly in feb 2018. How do we carry/show the funds at time of landing?
Is a recent bank statement acceptable? And minimum cash needed for a month or two untill bank set up is done in canada.

Also cic talks about declaring anything above 10k can dollars to customs also includes property pprs and shares.. do we have to declare all of it even when its not a part of proof of funds? But like we are just carrying the property papers then too?(property in india)

Any help around this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I am an indian citizen and have got the COPR and intend to fly in feb 2018. How do we carry/show the funds at time of landing?
Is a recent bank statement acceptable? And minimum cash needed for a month or two untill bank set up is done in canada.

Also cic talks about declaring anything above 10k can dollars to customs also includes property pprs and shares.. do we have to declare all of it even when its not a part of proof of funds? But like we are just carrying the property papers then too?(property in india)

Any help around this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
You don't need to carry the amount declared in your application - you can carry $0 with you when you land and it would be fine. You'll want to have your documents showing proof of funds just in case though (similar to the documents you uploaded in your application, but apparently the Immigration Officers only ever rarely ask to see these).

Carry as much money as you will need until you can set up a bank account and have your money in India wired to your new Canadian account (If this is your plan). Keep in mind that, if you have a Visa or MasterCard Credit Card, these should work in Canada (but you'll want to call the bank that issued these cards ahead of time to put a travel advisory on the credit card so they don't shut it off on suspicion of fraud if they see it being used in Canada).

If you carry more than CAD$10,000 in cash or instruments with you, as you've alluded to, you'll need to declare it at customs. You don't need to declare the amounts that will remain in India at the time, and isn't on your person when you land.

Seniors, let me know if I forgot anything.