+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to cancel study visa and return to India

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
I am in victoria in a university but wish to cancel Visa n come back to India due to horrible culture and useless course n study methods plus no jobs here, lot of stress.

How to go about cancelling?
Also how to ask for refund of extra fees paid for the year?

Reactions: novascotia27

gurpreet1313

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I am in victoria in a university but wish to cancel Visa n come back to India due to horrible culture and useless course n study methods plus no jobs here, lot of stress.

besides moving to india you can change the place

Jan 21, 2019

You don't need to cancel the study permit. Just make your travel arrangement and make it to the airport. Passports are not checked on departure.

For refunds options you will need to check your university regulations. Most colleges/universties do not offer refunds on courses a few weeks after the term starts.

AKSHAYCHAUHAN181

Aug 31, 2018

I will say try to settle there and take the life in easy way bcoz what u have is a dream of many students u will definitely regret after 2 3 months for ur decision take ur time and try to adjust if nothing happened coming back to India option never go
Best of luck

Reactions: 2b.or.not.2b

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018

If you don't mind can you please name the university and course please. Even I am considering Victoria. SO, can you please put a light on those fields in which part time and full time jobs are easily available?

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Thanks everyone

I'm stuck in a university which is extorting money by failing students.. has a shocking reputation.

This country is dull. India is way more financially strong.
Canada is entering a recession and it's gonna last long... There is quite a subtle racism I noticed here.

Why pay them 30 lakhs and brcomr poor... Later jobs are very hard... Unless u do it from a university that accepts GMAT OR GRE

ITS ALL FAKE WHAT THRY PORTRAY IN INDIA

Reactions: novascotia27

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
If people were wondering the OP is/ was studying at Royal Roads University in Victoria BC. This college follows a Blended system where they combine both in Campus and Online. This is something that they state very clearly on their website.

Furthermore, you have decided to take MBA which is the most expensive type of program both in Canada and abroad. Also neither in Canada or India can you expect to get a job based on an MBA. An MBA is just padding to someone who is already in the Managerial level. If jobs are your aim you would have been better off with a post-degree diploma/ certificate with a co-op or masters. Also, most MBA's ask for GMAT or GRE. Did you really not know any of this information before accepting the offer and paying the fees?

Your problems seem to be your own making. So as the other poster said, if you don't like it then you are free to apply for the refund and leave. There is no country that is overflowing with milk and honey and with no problems. Everywhere in the world, there are a bunch of people who are racists, it's only when you're the target of it do you notice.

Most of your complaints seem to be something that you could have known before going or chose to ignore. Sorry but you aren't going to find any sympathy here.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
If people were wondering the OP is/ was studying at Royal Roads University in Victoria BC. This college follows a Blended system where they combine both in Campus and Online. This is something that they state very clearly on their website.

Furthermore, you have decided to take MBA which is the most expensive type of program both in Canada and abroad. Also neither in Canada or India can you expect to get a job based on an MBA. An MBA is just padding to someone who is already in the Managerial level. If jobs are your aim you would have been better off with a post-degree diploma/ certificate with a co-op or masters. Also, most MBA's ask for GMAT or GRE. Did you really not know any of this information before accepting the offer and paying the fees?

Your problems seem to be your own making. So as the other poster said, if you don't like it then you are free to apply for the refund and leave. There is no country that is overflowing with milk and honey and with no problems. Everywhere in the world, there are a bunch of people who are racists, it's only when you're the target of it do you notice.

Most of your complaints seem to be something that you could have known before going or chose to ignore. Sorry but you aren't going to find any sympathy here.
Dude, I was thinking about applying to the same university for MGM course. Now, I am confused! Are there any part time jobs to cover up the expenses while studying there? Will we get placed in a reputed company after the completion of the course? Also, there are universities which accept IELTS for MBA rather than GMAT and GRE, so are those institutes bad? Many questions popping in my mind now! Please reply

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks everyone

I'm stuck in a university which is extorting money by failing students.. has a shocking reputation.

This country is dull. India is way more financially strong.
Canada is entering a recession and it's gonna last long... There is quite a subtle racism I noticed here.

Why pay them 30 lakhs and brcomr poor... Later jobs are very hard... Unless u do it from a university that accepts GMAT OR GRE

ITS ALL FAKE WHAT THRY PORTRAY IN INDIA
Don't blame Canada for your incapability. You are not cut out for MBA and Canada both. It's a lot of hard work and struggle as an international student.

Also a Uni offering admission without GMAT in MBA doesn't sound like a good one. In India people have this concept of MBA that employers will hunt you down and plead you to join their companies. There's no concept of campus placement in such low ranking Universities.

India needs you. Come home asap

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Dude, I was thinking about applying to the same university for MGM course. Now, I am confused! Are there any part time jobs to cover up the expenses while studying there? Will we get placed in a reputed company after the completion of the course? Also, there are universities which accept IELTS for MBA rather than GMAT and GRE, so are those institutes bad? Many questions popping in my mind now! Please reply
1) There is nothing wrong with the university if you are willing to do half the course online. They are open and honest in what they are doing, the University also seems to have positive reviews.

2) You will not be placed anywhere by any company. This isn't an Engineering college in India where people are hired in the thousands to sit on the bench and do nothing. You are the only one responsible to find a job. Your college/university isn't going to do anything for you, the reputation of your college/university might help to an extent. Only if you are going to very prestigious Universities or well-known colleges will the name value of the college be of any use.

3) IELTS is a language test while GMAT/ GRE is a common entrance exam for MBA's. Instead of GMAT/GRE, they are asking for a lot of work experience at a managerial level which I think is fair.

Ultimately you need to do the research before finalizing on a course. Either you have believed the words of the agency you might have used and left it all to him or you seem to have not done the research properly before selecting the college. Hopefully, you have not confirmed any payment. If so I would recommend that you do a hard think before proceeding.

Reactions: 2b.or.not.2b

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Don't blame Canada for your incapability. You are not cut out for MBA and Canada both. It's a lot of hard work and struggle as an international student.

Also a Uni offering admission without GMAT in MBA doesn't sound like a good one. In India people have this concept of MBA that employers will hunt you down and plead you to join their companies. There's no concept of campus placement in such low ranking Universities.

India needs you. Come home asap
I don't think people in India believe in that as well. A friend of mine completed his MBA and then got a job similar to the one he had before the MBA but used the MBA to get a salary hike and he's getting a decent chunk of cash. Another is also doing it in a well known University and spent a year on his GMAT/GRE before he was able to get through. Unless you are in the top tier Indian Institutes of Management, even in India you won't get placements with MBA. MBA's only act as a leg up and not something that will get you a job anywhere in the world.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I don't think people in India believe in that as well. A friend of mine completed his MBA and then got a job similar to the one he had before the MBA but used the MBA to get a salary hike and he's getting a decent chunk of cash. Another is also doing it in a well known University and spent a year on his GMAT/GRE before he was able to get through. Unless you are in the top tier Indian Institutes of Management, even in India you won't get placements with MBA. MBA's only act as a leg up and not something that will get you a job anywhere in the world.
Agree. I should have used agents in India rather than people in India. RRU has positive reviews from students who were already working in Canada or western countries.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
1) There is nothing wrong with the university if you are willing to do half the course online. They are open and honest in what they are doing, the University also seems to have positive reviews.

2) You will not be placed anywhere by any company. This isn't an Engineering college in India where people are hired in the thousands to sit on the bench and do nothing. You are the only one responsible to find a job. Your college/university isn't going to do anything for you, the reputation of your college/university might help to an extent. Only if you are going to very prestigious Universities or well-known colleges will the name value of the college be of any use.

3) IELTS is a language test while GMAT/ GRE is a common entrance exam for MBA's. Instead of GMAT/GRE, they are asking for a lot of work experience at a managerial level which I think is fair.

Ultimately you need to do the research before finalizing on a course. Either you have believed the words of the agency you might have used and left it all to him or you seem to have not done the research properly before selecting the college. Hopefully, you have not confirmed any payment. If so I would recommend that you do a hard think before proceeding.
1. I think they have 3 types of courses for MGM if I am not wrong viz. 12 and 18 months full time or on campus and 19 months blended which is somewhat online.

2. Totally agree with you on this point. But, does this have a good reputation in the market? Is it familiar with the interviewers? Have heard some universities like UCW are not that well known in the market.

3. Have seen many universities in Canada especially accepting IELTS over GMAT and GRE. I thought it would be fine to some extent. Why should people stay away from them? Not everyone has the academics to enter UBC or McGill.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
1. I think they have 3 types of courses for MGM if I am not wrong viz. 12 and 18 months full time or on campus and 19 months blended which is somewhat online.

2. Totally agree with you on this point. But, does this have a good reputation in the market? Is it familiar with the interviewers? Have heard some universities like UCW are not that well known in the market.

3. Have seen many universities in Canada especially accepting IELTS over GMAT and GRE. I thought it would be fine to some extent. Why should people stay away from them? Not everyone has the academics to enter UBC or McGill.
1. I only checked the MBA which is only blended and is what the OP did, Yes the MGM option has both on campus and blended.

2. To an extent you will be expected to explain what you bring to a table to a company, only if you are in are in a big University will you get name recognition. This is true anywhere in the world, it does not mean that this University is not worth it but this is something you should know and prepare for.

3. Again IELTS is an English language assessment test. GMAT and GRE are Admission tests for MBA programs. Even at this University, you need to give IELTS. I am only saying that a University that accepts GMAT and GRE would be more stringent in who they accept since GMAT/GRE is notoriously difficult. Personally the fact that they accept managerial experience instead of GMAT and GRE is agrreable to me.

Not, everyone can apply to McGill or UBC but that's not my point. Since the OP was unwilling to give the name of the University. I thought I would go through their profile and find out where it is. I found out where it was and did a bit of googling and came to know that it was a blended MBA without GMAT/GRE required.

At no point did I say to stay away from this University. I actually mentioned that it was the OP's fault that he did not do his due diligence in researching about the University. I also mentioned that the reviews seemed to be pretty good.

Ultimately I am just cautioning you to do your due diligence and thoroughly before going to apply for any University or college, if you like it and it fits your budget then go for it. UCW you mentioned is a private Institution and private Institutions have a negative outlook from most Canadians. Also if you are going through an agency don't believe what they say is accepted or good. Research the place before you go for admissions.

For example, what is your prior work experience? Have you searched where are jobs related to your Industry located in Canada? Is it in BC, Ontario, Quebec or any of the other provinces.

For me personally, I was looking for a Grad. diploma at Concordia University in Quebec which also didn't need GMAT/GRE. I personally don't find value in MBA's and as I couldn't do masters in Marketing since I did Hotel administration nor did I have work experience in marketing. I found out that the Grad.diploma that Concordia was offering did not really guarantee me anything as past candidates just went on to management positions in their own Industry. What I wanted was to get into the marketing side of the Hospitality Industry.

So I finally chose to do a postgraduate marketing certificate which has a co-op option which allows me to get experience in a real firm. I have already checked that two chains Four Seasons and Fairmont are both based in Toronto and offer Co-op opportunities. It may not be a diploma or a degree or an MBA but it's something that will get me where I want to go. In the worst case I can take that foreign experince back to India and work in a Hospitality Chain there.