+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to call IRCC? Impossible to get in the line!

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
There is automatic message “ we are currently receiving higher than expected calls, thanks for you patient, we know it’s important to you, try online status “ and drop the line.

im so frustrated and out of patience, how can i reach to IRCC? What is best time to call to get through the line? I feel there is no one, just automatically rejecting all calls by default

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
There is automatic message “ we are currently receiving higher than expected calls, thanks for you patient, we know it’s important to you, try online status “ and drop the line.

im so frustrated and out of patience, how can i reach to IRCC? What is best time to call to get through the line? I feel there is no one, just automatically rejecting all calls by default
Have you filed a complaint against your office? Try that also.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Prepare more than 1 phone.

Use the first phone to call until you had your line "dropped".

Immediately use the 2nd phone to call them and do the same thing. -> repeat previous step

If possible, have 3 or more phones ready to do this everyday.

This trick worked for me brilliantly.

My first phone got "blacklisted" for the day, but the 2nd phone got through and I was able to talk to an IRCC agent.

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Try calling at 8am. I was lucky once got through at 11:20 and stayed on the line waiting for like 45 minutes before I spoke to an agent.

thuong

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
I'm so confused because when I called ircc I even had option to put down my phone number so they could call me back. They called back in 10 minutes

Reactions: Jakev

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Prepare more than 1 phone.

Use the first phone to call until you had your line "dropped".

Immediately use the 2nd phone to call them and do the same thing. -> repeat previous step

If possible, have 3 or more phones ready to do this everyday.

This trick worked for me brilliantly.

My first phone got "blacklisted" for the day, but the 2nd phone got through and I was able to talk to an IRCC agent.
First off I'm glad your idea/suggestion managed to work but are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that the person get '3' phones? For the love of god.....

Getting through to them is an absolute bloody nightmare, I've done the old be there at 8am sharp and don't give up or aim for such and such a time as peak traffic dies down but never ever got through.....so yes maybe I should've used 3 phones but come on.....are you helping or asking the individual to take out another mortgage (as you know phones aren't cheap and especially in Canada + tax don't forget!)

Just sent them an email it'll be easier but if you have time keep trying the line.....I personally wouldn't say get 3 phones.....just throwing in my few pence for what it's worth

Cheers

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
I called twice over last couple of weeks , had to wait about not more than 10-15 mins once I got through. 2-5 attempts each time and got in the queue, both the time it was around noon.

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
Called the 1 888 number several times this morning and there isn't even a dial tone when trying to connect? Is this normal?

Sent some docs via a webform yesterday, for some reason they requested medical exam results again which have already been submitted and approved for a work permit. I think this if for the PR card as I noticed a different UCI number. Confirmed with my panel physician yesterday that they have been sent this info. Of course, no link to upload docs. on the actual IRCC portal so I had to submit them with an explanation via the webform. This incompetence is insane, but not surprising I guess.

verma4sameer

Jun 12, 2023
First off I'm glad your idea/suggestion managed to work but are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that the person get '3' phones? For the love of god.....

Getting through to them is an absolute bloody nightmare, I've done the old be there at 8am sharp and don't give up or aim for such and such a time as peak traffic dies down but never ever got through.....so yes maybe I should've used 3 phones but come on.....are you helping or asking the individual to take out another mortgage (as you know phones aren't cheap and especially in Canada + tax don't forget!)

Just sent them an email it'll be easier but if you have time keep trying the line.....I personally wouldn't say get 3 phones.....just throwing in my few pence for what it's worth

Cheers
Where to send an email?