+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to calculate years of experience?

wtao09

Jan 19, 2024
Not sure if the ITA calculates wrong or check the years of experience requirement...

Employer job offer: Int' Student / Foreign Worker stream mentioned about min. 2 yrs of experience needed.

My questions:
1. is it applied when you submit the application after you receive the ITA? (not when the system processes your application?)

2. other than the obvious 2 years of experience calculation, is the Equivalent Hours Calculation Method effective as well?

OINP website (https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-5) advised that:
“To meet the work experience requirement, you must have at least two years of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part-time work) in the same occupation (same National Occupational Classification code) as your job offer.
You must have gained this work experience within the five years prior to the date you submit your application, not the date you received the invitation to apply. If your work experience was gained in Canada, you must have been legally living and working in Canada.
Cumulative means the work you’ve done must add up to two years – it does not have to be two years of continuous work.
Full-time work experience means working in a job with at least 30 hours of paid work in a week that amounts to at least 3,120 hours of paid work over a two-year period. "

- Then in my case, I worked 37.5 hrs/week since 5/31/2022. As of today (1 yr 8 months), should be 85 weeks already which sums to 37.5 * 85 = 3187.5 hrs > 3120 hrs.
Would this be sufficient to show I could be satisfied with the 2 ys of experience?