+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to bring my fiancee to Canada as soon as possible?

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You MUST DECLARE your common-law partner in your application now.

If you fail to include her, she will be forever excluded from the Family Class and you will NEVER be able to sponsor her. It is also misrepresentation, immigration fraud.
I don't want to apply in 'Common Law Partner' category. And we are not yet married. I am only interested to sponsor her after marriage as my wife.

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
nartcr said:
It depends on cohabitation period. If they live under a single roof for 12 consecutive months at the time of submission of OP's application, then yes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=346&top=14
I am confused. So as long as we lived together for 1 year, is it a must that we should inform CIC and add her as common law partner? I thought applying as a common law partner is personal choice. For my case I am thinking to do an inland or outland sponsor. Not common law partner.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
monsters said:
I don't want to apply in 'Common Law Partner' category. And we are not yet married. I am only interested to sponsor her after marriage as my wife.
She is your common-law partner and you are required to include her in your application. Read my previous post. If you don't include her, you will NEVER be able to sponsor her, even if you marry.

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
nartcr said:
It depends on cohabitation period. If they live under a single roof for 12 consecutive months at the time of submission of OP's application, then yes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=346&top=14
I am confused. So as long as we lived together for 1 year, is it a must that we should inform CIC and add her as common law partner? I thought applying as a common law partner is personal choice. For my case I am thinking to do an inland or outland sponsor. Not common law partner.

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
monsters said:
TRV means tourist visa right? But applying a tourist visa for her now will affect her sponsorship later? Because currently we already know and decided about marriage. So does it considered as hiding the fact?
Hi nartcr,

Could you please tell me about the above query? It seems applying TRV for her now is a good option. So I would like to know more about this option. Also may I know normally how long is the validity of TRV? Is it 6 months? What about I marry her in Canada itself while she is on TRV and I am a PR?

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
She is your common-law partner and you are required to include her in your application. Read my previous post. If you don't include her, you will NEVER be able to sponsor her, even if you marry.
So as long as we lived together for 1 year, is it a must that we should inform CIC and add her as common law partner? I thought applying as a common law partner is personal choice. For my case I am thinking to do an inland or outland sponsor. Not common law partner.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
monsters said:
So as long as we lived together for 1 year, is it a must that we should inform CIC and add her as common law partner? I thought applying as a common law partner is personal choice. For my case I am thinking to do an inland or outland sponsor. Not common law partner.
Please see the previous posts. If you do not declare and add your partner, you will NEVER be able to sponsor her. As well, you would be putting your own PR in jeopardy since you would be committing misrepresentation.

A common-law partner is someone you have lived with for a minimum of 12 consecutive months. It's not a choice.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
monsters said:
It's NOT a personal choice. If you've lived together 1 year, your marital status is now common-law whether you like it or not.

You must immediately return your COPR and inform visa office you are common-law. Your partner will need to be included as dependent in your application, do police checks, and do medical exam. When the new processing is finished, you will then get COPR together.

If you don't do this, as mentioned by many here you can NEVER sponsor her to Canada EVER, even if you later get married.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
I know that you are not happy hearing about this problem. I urge you to do this properly as there are many sad cases of people who tried to avoid any delays. Take the advice you have been given. I know it is short time pain but the consequences are huge.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sous02 said:
I know that you are not happy hearing about this problem. I urge you to do this properly as there are many sad cases of people who tried to avoid any delays. Take the advice you have been given. I know it is short time pain but the consequences are huge.
Your case will get rejected if you plan to follow the way you have done things or planning to do things. Listen to the advice they are giving you. Don't be stubborn, as your case sounds like immigration fraud.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
canuck_in_uk said:
MY GOODNESS!!!.. Finally we agree Canuck!!!....Claim her as your common law partner Monsters!

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
jeffporfirio1 said:
Your case will get rejected if you plan to follow the way you have done things or planning to do things. Listen to the advice they are giving you. Don't be stubborn, as your case sounds like immigration fraud.
It is not am being stubborn. I am just clarifying only ;D Anyway thanks for the advice ;)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just echoing what's already been said. You MUST include her in your application.

There's nothing more to clarify...honestly!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
monsters said:
Currently we are living together which is about more than 1 year. 1 year and 2 months exact.
You have no choice. You are considered common-law, and so you must declare her on your current application. If you do not, you will never be able to sponsor her, even if you later marry her.
You were common-law partners as soon as you lived together for 12 consecutive months. It sounds like you were not common-law when you applied, so you did not commit misrepresentation then, However, you are common-law now, and have not landed yet. CIC wants to know when your status changes and when your family composition changes: this includes becoming common-law. When you land, the border agent will ask if your family composition has changed. If you say 'no' and therefore land as single, you will be committing misrepresentation.
You have to tell the visa office that you have become common-law, and want to add your partner to your application. Tell them now. Yes, this will delay things, as your partner will have to have a medical, get background checks, etc., and you will have to submit new forms. However, if you do not declare her now, you will not be able to sponsor her later.

If she has a severe medical condition, this might lead to her being refused a PR, and thus you would be refused too. Same if she had some criminal or security problem. However, in most cases adding a partner to your application will not cause a refusal. You should know already if she has some problem that will prevent her from immigrating.