+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to boost CRS score?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
my brother in law is studying at centennial college right now and has 1 year left on his 2 year course. After he is done his course, he needs to find a job and start working to gain experience. After a year he can start trying to get picked in the express sentry pool. The way that I calculate it for the future, he will have around 370-380 score. How can he raise that and what is the process?

Would it be better after he graduates to go out to the east coast to work? Please if anyone has any advice please let me know.

Last edited:

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
1. Improve English and learn French
2. Try to get a job offer based on LMIA
3. Try to get a provincial nomination

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
my brother in law is studying at centennial college right now and has 1 year left on his 2 year course. After he is done his course, he needs to find a job and start working to gain experience. After a year he can start trying to get picked in the express sentry pool. The way that I calculate it for the future, he will have around 370-380 score. How can he raise that and what is the process?

Would it be better after he graduates to go out to the east coast to work? Please if anyone has any advice please let me know.
In addition to @cz999's suggestion. It seems that your brother has very poor IELTS score. His IELTS is bad enough from IELTS academic, which is already way too easy compared to IELTS general. He needs IELTS general for PR. He should improve his IELTS score, not only would it help with points but also in jobs and other opportunities.

Since he's enrolled in a 2 year course, he should get 3 years PGWP (correct me if I am wrong). Each year of Canadian education will add 30 points or so to his CRS.

Reactions: joeythecat

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
In addition to @cz999's suggestion. It seems that your brother has very poor IELTS score. His IELTS is bad enough from IELTS academic, which is already way too easy compared to IELTS general. He needs IELTS general for PR. He should improve his IELTS score, not only would it help with points but also in jobs and other opportunities.

Since he's enrolled in a 2 year course, he should get 3 years PGWP (correct me if I am wrong). Each year of Canadian education will add 30 points or so to his CRS.

he is here studying IT network Technician 2 year course at centennial college. His plan is to get PR by getting his pgwp, then he will get at least 1 one year of Canadian work experience and then what are his options?

What is the best path forward after he gets his 1 year of Canadian work experience? At this point, I calculated and it looks like he will have a low score of around 380-400 or something like that. If he does 2 years of work and the highest ielts score he will only be at 466.

just need some advice about a path forward.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
he is here studying IT network Technician 2 year course at centennial college. His plan is to get PR by getting his pgwp, then he will get at least 1 one year of Canadian work experience and then what are his options?

What is the best path forward after he gets his 1 year of Canadian work experience? At this point, I calculated and it looks like he will have a low score of around 380-400 or something like that. If he does 2 years of work and the highest ielts score he will only be at 466.

Okay, will be more helpful if you can answer the following:
1. Is his IELTS score at max or near max?
2. What's his foreign work exp?
3. What's his age (rough age should do, no need to disclose too much personal info)?
4. Is he willing to learn French?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Okay, will be more helpful if you can answer the following:
1. Is his IELTS score at max or near max?
2. What's his foreign work exp?
3. What's his age (rough age should do, no need to disclose too much personal info)?
4. Is he willing to learn French?
he only had about 8 months of work in the philippines after he graduated university. Will his 3 year uni in the philippines count for something along with his centennial college diploma? we will need to work on his ielts, if it is maxed out he will still only be at 466. he will be 31 when he completes 2 years of work after getting the PGWP. There is no way he can learn french, he is struggling with english. What other options does he have other than the draw? Maybe he can try a provincial nomination program for a different province?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

That's a low score. Have him learn French and also max out his IELTs score as others have suggested.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
That's a low score. Have him learn French and also max out his IELTs score as others have suggested.
other than that, what are our options? Apply for a PNP and send him to another province? should we just do that from the start and if he gets picked he can move there for a few years?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
other than that, what are our options? Apply for a PNP and send him to another province? should we just do that from the start and if he gets picked he can move there for a few years?
Sure, he can try that route if he has found a PNP program he thinks will work for him.

Ultimately it all comes down to how badly he wants PR / how much of a priority PR is for him.

Reactions: cz999

Femweb

Apr 19, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
Oluwafemi Emmanuel Okedeji
LANDED..........
OYO STATE
Please how can I go about an arranged employment in Canada to boost my CRS. I'm in Nigeria. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

ravyn

Jan 10, 2023
he only had about 8 months of work in the philippines after he graduated university. Will his 3 year uni in the philippines count for something along with his centennial college diploma? we will need to work on his ielts, if it is maxed out he will still only be at 466. he will be 31 when he completes 2 years of work after getting the PGWP. There is no way he can learn french, he is struggling with english. What other options does he have other than the draw? Maybe he can try a provincial nomination program for a different province?
If he has a 3 year degree from the Philippines that should count for something. Along with the college diploma it may count as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" which is worth 128 points. His 2 year college course alone would provide only 98 points. The only way to know for sure is to have all his education assessed :)

Reactions: joeythecat