+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to be sure that I am applying outland?

OrangeTornado

Apr 7, 2017
Hello,

My wife is a Canadian citizen and I am from the US. I'm fully aware of the difference between inland and outland applications, and I know i defiantly want to apply Outland. However my wife and I started filling out paperwork using the CIC's website and realized that there was never any clear indication of which type of application we where filling out. Is is the question that asks "What is the country of residence of the person being sponsored?", Because I've staying in Canada as a visitor for a few months. I know, I know, should have done this a lot sooner.

How can I be absolutely sure that we're applying Outland and not Inland?

Thanks for the help

OrangeTornado

Apr 7, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Checklist, section 4.
Oh wow lol I see now. But wouldn't that conflict with information later on in the application? For example In section 7 of the same document we are asked if we live together. Would I say yes or no? We're staying at the same address as I'm visiting and both of our names are on the utility bill. We even have an occupancy agreement. Even if we answer no, there is a list of documents It wants us to choose one from, and the only ones we currently can provide are the ones proving that we live together.

Do we just fill it out as if I'm living in the states?

For the record I do still have a valid US Address. I could even go back and live there If I wanted, but you know. I'd rather be with my wife.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
How would it conflict? It clearly says: I am currently living in Canada and I am applying under Family Class.

OrangeTornado

Apr 7, 2017
MilesAway said:
How would it conflict? It clearly says: I am currently living in Canada and I am applying under Family Class.
I'm assuming to apply outbound I would claim to be living outside Canada?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
OrangeTornado said:
I'm assuming to apply outbound I would claim to be living outside Canada?
Nope. To put it simply: outland applications, you can be inside or outside Canada; inland applications, you must be inside Canada.

OrangeTornado

Apr 7, 2017
[quote author=Hurlabrick -snip because url-
[/quote]

Okay awesome this was excatly what I was looking for. Just out of curiosity what does it mean when it says that I'm not applying under family class?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
OrangeTornado said:
Okay awesome this was excatly what I was looking for. Just out of curiosity what does it mean when it says that I'm not applying under family class?
Family Class = outland.

You ARE applying under the Family Class and you are living together in Canada. Do not use an American address.

OrangeTornado

Apr 7, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Family Class = outland.

You ARE applying under the Family Class and you are living together in Canada. Do not use an American address.
So that would be... the first option right? I'm sorry I feel like I'm coming across as dense. Thanks for taking the time to explain all this, it's gets pretty overwhelming

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
OrangeTornado said:
So that would be... the first option right? I'm sorry I feel like I'm coming across as dense. Thanks for taking the time to explain all this, it's gets pretty overwhelming
no, you want the 3rd option "i am currently living in canada and am applying under the FAMILY CLASS".

The first option is for INLAND applications - "i am currently living and canada and applying under the spouse or commonlaw partner IN CANADA CLASS".

As an american, you certainly do NOT want to be applying through the "in canada class". Again, "in canada class" represents INLAND applications.

OrangeTornado

Apr 7, 2017
CDNPR2014 said:
no, you want the 3rd option "i am currently living in canada and am applying under the FAMILY CLASS".

The first option is for INLAND applications - "i am currently living and canada and applying under the spouse or commonlaw partner IN CANADA CLASS".

As an american, you certainly do NOT want to be applying through the "in canada class". Again, "in canada class" represents INLAND applications.
Holy cow you guys a great. I think I finally have the terminology down. Thanks a ton