+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to attend a college/university as a ESL student without IELTS?

miduta

Jan 3, 2014
I'm a student in a school for mature. I saw in some admission requirements and I got confused because they didnt mention about Canadian permanent residents, for example, i want to attend nursing program, so I have to earn Credits like Canadian high-school students or I have to have a language english test before i attend or both?
It'd rather study English in college/university than earn credit and get OSSD in mature school, or not?
please help me
Thanks alot

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
miduta said:
I'm a student in a school for mature. I saw in some admission requirements and I got confused because they didnt mention about Canadian permanent residents, for example, i want to attend nursing program, so I have to earn Credits like Canadian high-school students or I have to have a language english test before i attend or both?
It'd rather study English in college/university than earn credit and get OSSD in mature school, or not?
please help me
Thanks alot
Hi Miduta,did you get any information yet regarding this posts.Am in the same boat with you.Am a PR going in for nursing too but don't have any test on English.

miduta

Jan 3, 2014
babymart said:
Hi Miduta,did you get any information yet regarding this posts.Am in the same boat with you.Am a PR going in for nursing too but don't have any test on English.
nice to meet you
not yet. im still looking
are u studying in adults school???

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
miduta said:
nice to meet you
not yet. im still looking
are u studying in adults school???
I applied for september entry in Mount Royal and was asked to produce proof of english.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
You have to take english proficiency test at most schools and then according to your grade they will either let you take your courses directly or tell you to register for elst courses first

MoonRocker

Feb 3, 2014
Toroto
Category........
Visa Office......
1st Buffalo then > New York.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2011
AOR Received.
never received. CIC claims to have sent it in 2011
Med's Request
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
You will need IELTS of TOELF for most college/Universities. A few might allow you to take some preliminary English courses before letting you into the actual degree/diploma course. However, you can't get student visa without IELTS anyway. So, I would suggest you try to complete IELTS first.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
jatt-going-canada said:
You have to take english proficiency test at most schools and then according to your grade they will either let you take your courses directly or tell you to register for elst courses first
Thank jatt-going-Canada.Noted

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
MoonRocker said:
You will need IELTS of TOELF for most college/Universities. A few might allow you to take some preliminary English courses encbefore letting you into the actual degree/diploma course. However, you can't get student visa without IELTS anyway. So, I would suggest you try to complete IELTS first.
Thanks MoonRocker.Am already a permanent Residence. So I don't need a visa to attend college /university here.