+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to associate bank account with cic my account?

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Hi all,

I landed with family last week at Toronto Pearson International Airport approx 11am. Unbelievable, It was super fast, easy and simple process.

I am looking for guidance regarding
1) changing or associating CIC my account to sign-in partner ( we just opened our bank account with scotiabank )
2) how to apply for child benefits using my account
3) how to check status of pr card

Thanks

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hi all,

I landed with family last week at Toronto Pearson International Airport approx 11am. Unbelievable, It was super fast, easy and simple process.

1) changing or associating CIC my account to sign-in partner ( we just opened our bank account with scotiabank )

Thanks

1) Defer this to someone else. My understanding was that you couldn't change your log-in after account creation.
2) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-money-child.asp
3) Log into your CIC account chose "link an application." From there it's pretty self explanatory.

Reactions: techLover

Irada_G

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
Hi all,

Thanks
2) For child benefits you apply through Canadian Revenue Agency. You have to create you own CRA account (or Sign-in partner would work too) and then you can apply online through your CRA account. You can then set up direct deposit too to make payments go directly to your chequing account.

Reactions: techLover

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
1) Defer this to someone else. My understanding was that you couldn't change your log-in after account creation.
2) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-money-child.asp
3) Log into your CIC account chose "link an application." From there it's pretty self explanatory.
Thanks.
At the time of landing we gave address of uncle living in Quebec, now we got our rental lease in Mississauga , can we update our address for PR card from Quebec to our address of mississauga ?