+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to ask for application fees refund ?

TheRRb

Aug 19, 2016
I'm in a strange situation and from the researches I did, I've seen no one facing the same problem.

One week before my ITA expires, I decided to submit my completed application and pay the application fees.
I followed all the steps until the last one where we are supposed to make the payment. I entered credit card details and submitted the transaction then I got a screen with a receipt and a confirmation that the transaction was successful. Then, I went back to my profile but it was not updated. I waited for the next day, and nothing changed, I was still able to submit and pay again.
I sent a couple of inquiries online asking for support and attaching the payment receipt, but got no answer.
Yesterday, one week later, I received a message confirming that my ITA expired and that I could resubmit my profile.

What are the solutions to get my money back as it was actually withdrawn from my bank account ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
That is a strange situation indeed. Have you tried calling CIC? I know they have long wait times, but this is probably the kind of issue you want to explain to a human being.

TheRRb

Aug 19, 2016
That is a strange situation indeed. Have you tried calling CIC? I know they have long wait times, but this is probably the kind of issue you want to explain to a human being.
Thanks !

Do you know which number I can call ? I've seen that there is a number but it can only be called from inside Canada.