+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to arrive as a Landed Immigrant?

xshk

Jan 26, 2019
Hello,

I have a question, Let's say I have a company offering me a job in Canada. How can I arrive in Canada as a Landed immigrant? What's the process for this?

Thank you!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Do you have PR status/application? Do you have a work visa?

xshk

Jan 26, 2019
No, this is a very basic question. I am looking forward to migrate to Canada with my family. I have a job opportunity for me in Canada. Does this make my process any easier/quicker to move to Canada.

What are the documents that I require in order to proceed?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No, this is a very basic question. I am looking forward to migrate to Canada with my family. I have a job opportunity for me in Canada. Does this make my process any easier/quicker to move to Canada.

What are the documents that I require in order to proceed?
Does the employer have a positive LMIA?

No one can walk you through the entire process. You were provided with the link by Bs65.

Reactions: mgnlky

xshk

Jan 26, 2019
I have been through the process and have given several assessment tests at multiple websites with a positive outcome but that doesn't mean anything in reality.

However, can you explain more about the 'positive LMIA'. Do I have to request this document from the company? I believe there is a list of job categories that do fit and don't fit in this 'document', if I can call it that.

Further information on this topic will be highly appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have been through the process and have given several assessment tests at multiple websites with a positive outcome but that doesn't mean anything in reality.

However, can you explain more about the 'positive LMIA'. Do I have to request this document from the company? I believe there is a list of job categories that do fit and don't fit in this 'document', if I can call it that.

Further information on this topic will be highly appreciated.
No, you don't request it from a company. The company must apply to the Canadian government for an LMIA to show that there are no Canadian citizens/PRs available for the job. There are strict requirements, it takes months to process and costs $1000, so there is little chance of finding an employer who will to go through this.