+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Apply for PGWP extension (with renewed passport) through online

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

So I have been reading posts about people applying for the extension of their PGWP through online application.

Can you help me how to answer the questionnaire, so I can do it online? I feel more secure doing online application rather than submitting it on paper.
All help is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance! ;)

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
you can not extend PGWP but you can get a bridging work permit if you have received a nomination from PNP program or if you applied to Express entry and have received an acknowlegement

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
ravriener12 said:
Hello everyone,

So I have been reading posts about people applying for the extension of their PGWP through online application.

Can you help me how to answer the questionnaire, so I can do it online? I feel more secure doing online application rather than submitting it on paper.
All help is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance! ;)
If your PGWP is given till your old passport expiry. Certainly, you can extend PGWP through online. Though, I did it by paper. On the questionnaire you have to select your current status as student not worker :). Hope it helps.

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
HKG said:
how many years of pgwp you have?
My PGWP is expiring on March (I got it this year) because my old passport is only valid until then. Now that I got my new passport, which is valid until 2020, I want to get the remaining years since I am eligible for a 3 year PGWP.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
salmaniut said:
If your PGWP is given till your old passport expiry. Certainly, you can extend PGWP through online. Though, I did it by paper. On the questionnaire you have to select your current status as student not worker :). Hope it helps.
Hi salmaniut,

I have a couple of questions with regards to completing my application. I'd appreciate if you could help me out! :) I'm planning on sending it soon, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

All these are for IMM5710E:
Personal Details
3) I am applying for one or more of the following:
- work permit with the same employer
- an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer

7) Current country of residence:

Coming Into Canada
4) document number of the most recent permit issued:
- did you write your study permit document number or work permit?

Details of Intended Work in Canada
2) Details of prospective employer
- Were you currently working when you applied for your extension? If yes, did you provide your current work's information? I am currently working full time, field related. Do I include the information here? When I first applied for my PGWP, I included my employment information even though I already started working.

5) Duration of expected employment:
- From and to? Any suggestions? Do I put my current permit's expiry date for the "to"? Also, I've been working since May. Do I put the date of when I am submitting my application instead for the "from"? It wont let me proceed if the date is previous than the present.

Employment
1) If I'm currently working, do I still write down my current employment information even though I already indicated it on "details of intended work in Canada"?

Background Information
2) Have you previous applied to enter or remain in Canada?
- Here's what I have indicated:
"(b)Study permit application last December 2013 was refused due to insufficient funds. (c)Issued Post-Graduation Work Permit last June 2016, valid until passport expiry. Passport renewed for extension."
I've reached the max character for explanation on this section, so that's the best I could write.

Also, in my letter of explanation, I have attached a letter explaining why I am applying for an extension, copies of my current work permit, previous study permit, employment offer letter, and old passport with stamps and visas. Do you think I would need more?

For the main passport file, I have only scanned the first and last page since there are no stamps yet.

Lastly, for the completion of studies letter, I have included copies of the letter, transcript, and my diploma.

Thank you very much! Looking forward to hearing something from you.

Sorry to ravriener for posting something over your thread. I just thought we are in a similar position so if anybody else sees the post they can get a lot more answers from our questions.

Thanks Salmaniut! Appreciate it.

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
rcpp said:
Hi salmaniut,

I have a couple of questions with regards to completing my application. I'd appreciate if you could help me out! :) I'm planning on sending it soon, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

All these are for IMM5710E:
Personal Details
3) I am applying for one or more of the following:
- work permit with the same employer
- an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer

Coming Into Canada
- did you write your study permit document number or work permit?

Details of Intended Work in Canada
2) Details of prospective employer
- Were you currently working when you applied for your extension? If yes, did you provide your current work's information? I am currently working full time, field related. Do I include the information here? When I first applied for my PGWP, I included my employment information even though I already started working.

- From and to? Any suggestions? Do I put my current permit's expiry date for the "to"? Also, I've been working since May. Do I put the date of when I am submitting my application instead for the "from"? It wont let me proceed if the date is previous than the present.

Employment
1) If I'm currently working, do I still write down my current employment information even though I already indicated it on "details of intended work in Canada"?

Background Information
2) Have you previous applied to enter or remain in Canada?
- Here's what I have indicated:
"(b)Study permit application last December 2013 was refused due to insufficient funds. (c)Issued Post-Graduation Work Permit last June 2016, valid until passport expiry. Passport renewed for extension."
I've reached the max character for explanation on this section, so that's the best I could write.

Also, in my letter of explanation, I have attached a letter explaining why I am applying for an extension, copies of my current work permit, previous study permit, employment offer letter, and old passport with stamps and visas. Do you think I would need more?

For the main passport file, I have only scanned the first and last page since there are no stamps yet.

Lastly, for the completion of studies letter, I have included copies of the letter, transcript, and my diploma.

Thank you very much! Looking forward to hearing something from you.

Sorry to ravriener for posting something over your thread. I just thought we are in a similar position so if anybody else sees the post they can get a lot more answers from our questions.

Thanks Salmaniut! Appreciate it.
3) - an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
Worker
Coming Into Canada
- work permit?
Details of prospective employer
Yes same as before

From todays date to your expected 3 years date from the date you graduated.

Employment
Yes you have to.

Yes you got everything, It looks OK with your letter of explanation and new passport

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
salmaniut said:
3) - an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
Worker
Coming Into Canada
- work permit?
Details of prospective employer
Yes same as before

From todays date to your expected 3 years date from the date you graduated.

Employment
Yes you have to.

Yes you got everything, It looks OK with your letter of explanation and new passport
Thanks Salmaniut!! Your help is greatly appreciated :) God bless

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
rcpp said:
Thanks Salmaniut!! Your help is greatly appreciated :) God bless
No Problem. Hope you dont have to wait 4 months like me. Around my time processing time was 4 months.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
salmaniut said:
No Problem. Hope you dont have to wait 4 months like me. Around my time processing time was 4 months.
I hope so too. That's one of the reasons why I would really like to submit it online. But hey, it's good your have your extended PGWP now! :)

Oh, one one last question.. when you save your IMM5710E, the "FROM" date under Details of Prospective Employer has to either be same date of application submission or more, or else it wont let you validate. When submitting our application online, do we save the file as a normal IMM5710E (editable) or print it as PDF so nothing can be changed?

Thanks!

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
rcpp said:
I hope so too. That's one of the reasons why I would really like to submit it online. But hey, it's good your have your extended PGWP now! :)

Oh, one one last question.. when you save your IMM5710E, the "FROM" date under Details of Prospective Employer has to either be same date of application submission or more, or else it wont let you validate. When submitting our application online, do we save the file as a normal IMM5710E (editable) or print it as PDF so nothing can be changed?

Thanks!
Yes the current date is OK. I dont have idea about your second questions. Its your choice.

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
salmaniut said:
Yes the current date is OK. I dont have idea about your second questions. Its your choice.
Hey so I am in a similar situation, I was given a 1 year PGWP (out of 3) due to my passport expiry date!

I had to come back to Pakistan due to some family matters and my current situation is that my TRV has expired, but my PGWP is valid till Dec 2016 (and needs to be renewed).

How do I apply for a TRV? a new TRV or do I apply for an extension? I am very confused!

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
salmaniut said:
Thanks Salmaniut!

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
cussyandrew said:
Hey so I am in a similar situation, I was given a 1 year PGWP (out of 3) due to my passport expiry date!

I had to come back to Pakistan due to some family matters and my current situation is that my TRV has expired, but my PGWP is valid till Dec 2016 (and needs to be renewed).

How do I apply for a TRV? a new TRV or do I apply for an extension? I am very confused!
If you have canadian address, then apply for PGWP extention online from Pakistan. Then, apply for TRV from there. If not, Then just apply for TRV, come back to Canada and apply for PGWP extention. At this moment, you will get your TRV till dec 2016. Hope this will help you.

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
salmaniut said:
If you have canadian address, then apply for PGWP extention online from Pakistan. Then, apply for TRV from there. If not, Then just apply for TRV, come back to Canada and apply for PGWP extention. At this moment, you will get your TRV till dec 2016. Hope this will help you.
Hi, thanks for the answer, I cant seem to find how to apply for a TRV/ TRV extension, the forms on the CIC website are just the ones for a PGWP extension! :(