+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for fiancé child visitor visa…

Bethlock

Sep 8, 2022
My fiancé is here on an extended visitor visa, we plan to do common law sponsorship in September this year, he has 2 children in Jamaica that we would like to bring out for the summer (they will be included on the sponsorship when we do it in September)

how do we apply for the kids to come out for a visit? Do I apply for them to come? I’ve tried endlessly to figure this out online, but the online application won’t work,do I print off an application and mail it? I’m so confused with all this… ugh the immigration Canada website is so frustrating!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My fiancé is here on an extended visitor visa, we plan to do common law sponsorship in September this year, he has 2 children in Jamaica that we would like to bring out for the summer (they will be included on the sponsorship when we do it in September)

how do we apply for the kids to come out for a visit? Do I apply for them to come? I’ve tried endlessly to figure this out online, but the online application won’t work,do I print off an application and mail it? I’m so confused with all this… ugh the immigration Canada website is so frustrating!!!
They would need to obtain TRVs, essentially following the same process your fiance would have followed. No, you do not apply for them. It's not a sponsorship. You can provide an invitation letter. But you are not the applicant.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

What part of the online application won't work for you exactly? You'll need to provide details if you want help in trying to resolve these issues. I would recommend applying online vs. paper.

Bethlock

Sep 8, 2022
The kids are 2 and 11 who applies for them? Does my fiancé apply for them? He is here in Canada, they are in Jamaica with their grandfather (his father) when logged in through his online account (assuming the website will allow us to stay logged in for more than 5 minutes) we are not gives the option to apply for the kids visas? Any suggestions on how we go about this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The kids are 2 and 11 who applies for them? Does my fiancé apply for them? He is here in Canada, they are in Jamaica with their grandfather (his father) when logged in through his online account (assuming the website will allow us to stay logged in for more than 5 minutes) we are not gives the option to apply for the kids visas? Any suggestions on how we go about this?
The kids need to create their own accounts to apply for TRVs. It will be difficult for them to get approved for TRVs given that their father is a longterm a visitor. There will be concerns that they will also try to remain in Canada with their father. The father likely got the TRV in large part because he had strong ties to Jamaica because of his dependent children. The fact that they are living with a grandparent will raise concerns that they will remain in Canada with their parent. Is the mother in their lives? Who has custody of the children? That also has an impact on whether the children can even travel to Canada. The fact that one child is 2 increase concern that the children will remain in Canada because longterm separation is not what most parents desire especially when it comes to small children and the children receiving PR is quite a distance away.